8.1 issues but only with data on...

oneiros

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm just checking around about some weird problems I have been experiencing on my Lumia 620 after 8.10.12382.878 update. Before that my phone was working like a charm, no battery drain, smooth as ever...to good to be true to be a dev beta!
As a matter of fact after the aforementioned update, the poltergeist begun.. :evil:

The really odd thing is that for a couple of days after the update everything worked fine...then one morning out of a blue (I didn't change anything in the device config or installed new apps) screen started freezing randomly, crashing app, etc...and everything became slow and unstable...the phone overheat easily especially when you turn it on in the morning and the battery goes down pretty fast.

Well I went through a couple of soft reset..no joy, so I took the dive of the hard reset..backup and everything..still the same issues!..nightmare... :angry:
I tried all the tricks and so far the only thing I found is that this seem to be due to data connection...as soon as I turn off 3G or WiFi my phone starts working smooth as always! apps are snappier and everything. It do not even have many apps connecting in the background, most of them are blocked and beside News, Weather, Foursquare, Twitter, Skype, emails and a couple more that's it.
One unusual thing I noticed is that one of my email account in the settings keep saying "not updated" (at least that's the translation I have figured out since my phone is italian)...so I don't know, the email settings are the same I always had (they were backed up after the hard reset anyway)...it could be the email app looping in some crash in the background as soon as the data connection is turned on...?

Whatever...I whish I could downgrade the the previous version of the beta..this new one was supposed to fix bugs and improve battery performance. It did the exact contrary in my case...LOL...
I hope some other update is on the way because my phone is almost useless like this...

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much the same case with my 620 too, worked too well before this supposed bug fix update and now it heats up like hell with app downloads or browsing....
I don't have the app crashes like u have though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium