Scrolling not smooth in some apps on the Lumia 1020 as compared to Lumia 720

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I finished installing Cyan on my Lumia 1020

And I was really surprised that Lumia Cyan did fix the scrolling issue!!!
I checked the Games app as soon as the Cyan installation was complete and it was as smooth as Lumia 720.
But only for some time. As soon as I locked and unlocked the phone, it again started having the same issue. This is really weird!

Conclusion: Cyan did not fix the issue.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The games app is garbage so I'm not too concerned over that. How about the menu in either camera app? Are the start screen animations as smooth as on your 720?

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The games app is garbage so I'm not too concerned over that. How about the menu in either camera app? Are the start screen animations as smooth as on your 720?
I never had issue with start screen animations. I checked the Games app as the issue is clearly visible in it. As I had downgraded my phone to get Cyan, I have Pro Cam and the issue is still there in it. I will install all app updates and then tell you.

I don't what is wrong with my phone. The glance settings are all greyed out but the glance screen still works. So, I think I will have to spend some time on my phone to get things back to normal.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'll just have to wait until I get Cyan on my 820 and 920 to see what's up. Right now the 920 is nowhere near as fluid as the 820. This includes scrolling the start screen, Facebook, camera app, games, etc. The 820 is just silky smooth like a game running at 60fps. The 920 feels more like 30fps.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Best thing to do is hard reset the phone, after updates, and not restore. Sadly, if your a big gamer, can't do that as you'll lose game data.

I just installed Cyan + 8.1 Update 1 on a 520 and it even a bit smoother than my 1520. My 1520 isn't always smooth with homescreen animations. I should reset it and go from scratch.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Best thing to do is hard reset the phone, after updates, and not restore. Sadly, if your a big gamer, can't do that as you'll lose game data.

I just installed Cyan + 8.1 Update 1 on a 520 and it even a bit smoother than my 1520. My 1520 isn't always smooth with homescreen animations. I should reset it and go from scratch.
When I installed Cyan, I did not restore anything. I just now did a hard reset, but for restoring my back up. I don't think hard reset would fix this issue.

Last edited:

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'll just have to wait until I get Cyan on my 820 and 920 to see what's up. Right now the 920 is nowhere near as fluid as the 820. This includes scrolling the start screen, Facebook, camera app, games, etc. The 820 is just silky smooth like a game running at 60fps. The 920 feels more like 30fps.

Do report your experience here once you get the update.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I have restored my phone now and I can confirm that the issue is still there in the Nokia Camera app (even beta).

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
That is really disappointing. Pretty sad that high end flagships devices are being outperformed by midrange devices. There's just no excuse.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So I received the Cyan for 8.1 DP update today on both my international 820 and my US 920 and guess what? No change. 820 is still smooth as silk. 920 stutters in the same spots. So much for that bs about cyan fixing things.

The places where the 920 stutters:

Swiping while in the games app.

Photo gallery when going from portrait to landscape. Really stuttery.Same problem when viewing pictures in the stock camera app. Oddly enough Nokia Camera app is smooth.

Files app when going from portrait to landscape. Horrible stutter.

Thankfully the menus in the camera apps no longer stutter but that was fixed a while ago.

Will report again when I see if my mom's non Developer Preview 920 stutters in the same spots. Not optimistic.

DmC10

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys i just signed up to post the solution...i had the same jittery laggy scroll (lumia 920 Cyan), on my apps list, on my desktop, generally whenever i scrolled with my finger there was jitter, if i scrolled fast and took my finger off the screen the rest of the scrolling was perfectly smooth. So i went to settings>ease of access>Screen magnifier=off (restart phone if asked), other options that can help with smoothness is Settings>touch>Touch senisitivity=normal and Wake up=off (restart phone if asked)

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys i just signed up to post the solution...i had the same jittery laggy scroll (lumia 920 Cyan), on my apps list, on my desktop, generally whenever i scrolled with my finger there was jitter, if i scrolled fast and took my finger off the screen the rest of the scrolling was perfectly smooth. So i went to settings>ease of access>Screen magnifier=off (restart phone if asked), other options that can help with smoothness is Settings>touch>Touch senisitivity=normal and Wake up=off (restart phone if asked)

Thanks for the effort, but I have already tried this and this does not fix the issue.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

That is a known problem with screen magnifier. The issues I have with my 920 is something different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss