twitter does not show up in action center

Monique Schootman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
hey guys,

I'm having the following problem. On my N925 twitter correctly shows up in the action center where I can assign a custom sound/ringtone and stuff. On my sister's 520 twitter does not show up in the action center so I can not assign a custon sound.. I've tried reinstalling twitter, and rebooting after that, but still it does not show up. Apps like whatsapp, facebook do show up (6tag/6snap do not show, but I'm not sure if that's normal behavior for those apps, don't use em myself).

is this a know bug? Can I do something to make twitter show up, so I can assign a custom sound, make it not vibrate, ect)?

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe apps only appear in one's action center only when that app has recieved a notification- all my apps have eventually appeared in that list as I interacted with them over time. There wasn't a way to import an app into action center nor was there a simple list as you might have expected. I would check if your sis has received any notifications for twitter (mention/retweet etc) yet since installing 8.1- until she gets one, it wont be in the action centre list.

Monique Schootman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I believe apps only appear in one's action center only when that app has recieved a notification- all my apps have eventually appeared in that list as I interacted with them over time. There wasn't a way to import an app into action center nor was there a simple list as you might have expected. I would check if your sis has received any notifications for twitter (mention/retweet etc) yet since installing 8.1- until she gets one, it wont be in the action centre list.

Thanks a lot for you're response! I will check that out ty!

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Facebook stopped showing up in the action center when they released the update a couple days ago, and I've been getting notifications all along.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Facebook stopped showing up in the action center when they released the update a couple days ago, and I've been getting notifications all along.

So in settings for FB you have under Notifications- Toasts and Live Tile selected? And you still get no notifications?

~ScottGeek.

mayur007

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
@Monique......its work on my 520 well, to appear a twitter in action center you should turn on notifications in twitter apps for particular site which you want and also in battery saver option, then only twitter appears in action center and then you can do whatever you want like vibrate, custom sounds etc.....

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Correct...I just double checked.

It might be possible that you have to re-allow on the FB side for the device... otherwise sounds like app issue. I would fully uninstall and start over making sure you get to the FB allow for the device. Ya, it's pain and it may still not work. Also check in the System Settings -> Notifications under Facebook to make sure something did not get un-set there.

If you find something that fixes this... please post what you did... Thanks.

~ScottGeek.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786