Data Connection drop - Vodafone - India

Prasun Banerjee

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Over the last 3 or 4 days, I have this peculiar problem of data connection dropping ... The phone is on ... network shows full signal ... am getting voice calls and text messages ... but internet and whatsapp stops ... when i go to settings ... it shows data on ... 1st couple of times i restarted the phone and it starts working fine ... then i started switching only the data off and on and changing the network from 2g to 3g or vice versa and then the data connection starts working fine ...

Am on Vodafone network on a 720 using Dev Preview 8.1.

Never had this issue earlier ...

Regards
Prasun

Sagarkotian

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
i'm a Lumia 720 (wp8.1) Vodafone user too.. facing same issue on 2G networks... other phones on the same network seem to be working fine...
A reboot or turning on flight mode on and off helps temporally.

Prasun Banerjee

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
@Lance ... the network drop after 3G activation was really bad till a a few months back ... much better since ..
@Sagar ... is this a recent event or something you have been facing for some time ... coz my issue started over the last 3 or 4 days only ... have been on 8.1 dev preview for more than a month ... was never an issue earlier

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a aircel connection and am too facing this issue from last 3-4 days. I am on 8.1dp from the beginning but faced this issue from last couple of days. I just used Turing on/off the flight mode and internet works again. Hope this issue will solve with cyan update.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a aircel connection and am too facing this issue from last 3-4 days. I am on 8.1dp from the beginning but faced this issue from last couple of days. I just used Turing on/off the flight mode and internet works again. Hope this issue will solve with cyan update.

Might be a issue in your area as my brother have Aircel and its working fine for him he have L520 with 8.1 dp

arnab ghosh

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
i am faced the same issue in kolkata with vodafone 3g on my lumia 520.....i switched off the phone and took out the SIM and re inserted after sometime and it has been working fine since....its a problem with vodafone and not with my handset that i am sure because after reinserting the SIM the access points setting suddenly opened and the the Vodafone access point got updated....vodafone 3g service though has certainly become crappier since i started using it a year back...

arnab ghosh

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
i have heard that airtel has relaunched their 3g service in kolkata circle after a long time a few days back and since they dont have their own spectrum in kolkata circle they are sharing vodafone's spectrum....it may a potential cause for the drop in speeds.....

tejazz

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Vodafone 3G, as 8.1 seems to have messed up my APN settings. My data connection has been working perfectly fine since I have added the correct Vodafone settings.

You can do this by going to Settings -> Access Point -> (+)

Connection Name: Vodafone 3G (or anything you want)
Access Point Name: www
(Leave all other fields blank and save)

Once done, tap on Vodafone 3G to activate the new APN, and it should start working normally from now. Also, if your connection starts acting up again (happened once to me so far since I made the change), then switch the APN to the old one and back to the new one and everything should be all right again.

Paresh_gig

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
This has not solved my problem.
I was able to connect to 3g. Yesterday I installed 8.1 preview for developers & today I am not able to see the
3g connection. :-(
Please help me asap. I need my data connection.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I didn't face any issues after updating to DP 8.1. Im on MTNL 3G in Mumbai. One of my frnd has a 925 on Vodafone 3G with DP 8.1, thats also working just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss