IE 11 desktop mode/mobile mode

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Right now I always use IE11 on my 1520 in desktop mode but with some sites will still throw me back into mobile mode when I click links on them. I know this is not just an IE 11 thing. Because I would get the same issue sometimes when I used safari in my old iPhone. My question is does anyone know why this happens and what's causing it? Is there anything I can do to force sites into desktop mode when they try to switch me out of it?

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Some sites use screen size to decide whether to use desktop or mobile so you'll have to check the page for a 'desktop view' override link. This can even happen on full desktop browsers if you shrink the window down, not just on phones.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Some sites use screen size to decide whether to use desktop or mobile so you'll have to check the page for a 'desktop view' override link. This can even happen on full desktop browsers if you shrink the window down, not just on phones.

I know that some sites do that - those sites behaved the same way in 8.0 (& 7.8 & 7.5, etc.) that they do now. But OTHER sites that worked fine on 8.0, showing me the desktop site when I had desktop mode set, now shoot me straight to the "mobile" view. I'm guessing that the connection string we're using changed, and (like soooo many other things on a Windows Phone) you can't modify it, even if you know what you're doing.

A minor annoyance, but an annoyance.

monotheist

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
This looks like a bug not sure if the string has changed. IE always takes you to mobile mode or 'tells' the site its in mobile mode even of we set desktop mode

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05