Right now I always use IE11 on my 1520 in desktop mode but with some sites will still throw me back into mobile mode when I click links on them. I know this is not just an IE 11 thing. Because I would get the same issue sometimes when I used safari in my old iPhone. My question is does anyone know why this happens and what's causing it? Is there anything I can do to force sites into desktop mode when they try to switch me out of it?
    05-27-2014 06:04 PM
    Some sites use screen size to decide whether to use desktop or mobile so you'll have to check the page for a 'desktop view' override link. This can even happen on full desktop browsers if you shrink the window down, not just on phones.
    05-28-2014 01:55 AM
    Some sites use screen size to decide whether to use desktop or mobile so you'll have to check the page for a 'desktop view' override link. This can even happen on full desktop browsers if you shrink the window down, not just on phones.
    I know that some sites do that - those sites behaved the same way in 8.0 (& 7.8 & 7.5, etc.) that they do now. But OTHER sites that worked fine on 8.0, showing me the desktop site when I had desktop mode set, now shoot me straight to the "mobile" view. I'm guessing that the connection string we're using changed, and (like soooo many other things on a Windows Phone) you can't modify it, even if you know what you're doing.

A minor annoyance, but an annoyance.
    05-28-2014 12:03 PM
    This looks like a bug not sure if the string has changed. IE always takes you to mobile mode or 'tells' the site its in mobile mode even of we set desktop mode
    07-09-2014 12:50 AM