XBox Music has a shuffle bug do you notice this too folks

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have around 900 songs on my phone and when I open the Xbox Music app and activate shuffle than the app shuffle only between 50 Apps. For example I open an track that starts with the Letter C, than the music App shuffle only in the alphabet between B-D and the songs who start with other Letters are not in the shuffle list. Hope I could explain it.
This bug is annoying me a lot I can't hear all my tracks when I set it to shuffle.

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have around 900 songs on my phone and when I open the Xbox Music app and activate shuffle than the app shuffle only between 50 Apps. For example I open an track that starts with the Letter C, than the music App shuffle only in the alphabet between B-D and the songs who start with other Letters are not in the shuffle list. Hope I could explain it.
This bug is annoying me a lot I can't hear all my tracks when I set it to shuffle.

I have this bug too. It's so annoying! I have been hoping that recent updates fixes this to no avail. This is the only actual complaint I have for the xbox music app, if this gets solved, I would be perfectly satisfied :smile:

Anybody know a solution for this?

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have this bug too. It's so annoying! I have been hoping that recent updates fixes this to no avail. This is the only actual complaint I have for the xbox music app, if this gets solved, I would be perfectly satisfied :smile:

Anybody know a solution for this?

Maybe we have to contact the developers it can be that they doesn't known about this bug. I'm sure they will fix it fast when they know about this

M E3

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a couple thousand songs via the sd card and noticed this as well. What I found (which wasn't obvious) is that if I hit the shuffle button on the bottom of the main screen (collection) when the app loads will shuffle fine. If you try to shuffle by going to the songs section that is when you get that annoying error of it only shuffling a range of songs.

erdie

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a couple thousand songs via the sd card and noticed this as well. What I found (which wasn't obvious) is that if I hit the shuffle button on the bottom of the main screen (collection) when the app loads will shuffle fine. If you try to shuffle by going to the songs section that is when you get that annoying error of it only shuffling a range of songs.

M E3, thanks for that tip. I had never noticed the shuffled button on the main screen.

I know that this is an old thread, but I am still having the shuffle problem. I read somewhere that this bug was fixed, I have got the latest updates on the windows phone and it was still not playing in shuffle correctly. I also notice that if I have to restart the music player I often hear the same songs again and again in shuffle mode. I have got quite a few thousand songs on my sd card and it must be beyond the law of averages that you would hear the same songs so many times if they were being played randomly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon