WP8.1 Calendar Live Tile not helpful

Antony Chan

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Does anyone find the WP8.1 Calendar Live Tile not helpful? I don't have a bunch of appointment or task but the very first thing that I look at the Calendar live tile would be the Day and Date. Today is May 30, i tried to pin the Calendar into start screen and it's showing May 26 (Mon). It's either a problem that occurred on my phone only or it just occurred on everyone's phone.

Please advise.

Antony

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
The only things I can think of are either your date is wrong or you've disabled Calendar from running in the background. Check in the Battery Saver app to see if it's set to "allowed".

Antony Chan

May 19, 2014
Visit site
The only things I can think of are either your date is wrong or you've disabled Calendar from running in the background. Check in the Battery Saver app to see if it's set to "allowed".

Just check the Battery Saver and Calendar is allowed to run in background. Another thing is when i pulled down the notification bar, i can see the date of today which is 5/30 on the top right corner. So i'm pretty sure the date is correct.(I do have another Calendar apps and it's showing the right date too)

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Have you tried doing a soft reset. I don't use the stock calendar even though its still pinned to the start page. I use simple calendar.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Question, I was using the stock calendar up until last night and now I am trying out Simple Calendar. Do both apps have to be allowed to run in background in 8.1?

I don't remember the stock calendar having a background task in WP8, it just always worked. I guess with 8.1 it needs to be enabled?

Thanks.

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Ya I faced the same problem sometime back.. the problem was solved on its own.. I dont know what was the reason exactly.. and ya the stock calender is not helpful. It just shows only one appointment.

I use simple calender. Its good..

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have calendar set to the big notification on my lock screen and it is consistently a day behind.
I just checked the battery saver setting and it was allowed but there is also a check box for allowing even when battery saver is on.
I checked it and will see if it keeps the date better.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I Use Simple Calender as well, as I have my work Meetings synced with my personal phone...it shows my upcoming 2 meetings on the live tile which is better than the stock which only shows my next meeting/appointment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos