I've finally managed to buy a film through the Video app on my 1020 with the free 20 Gift Voucher Nokia gave me and I'm having problems downloading it.

I've tried too many times now and I'm getting really frustrated. If I accidently press the home button or leave the phone locked for too ling, the download resets to 1% no matter what progress it had made before. The 3 times I have managed to get it to finish downloading, I always get "This file cannot be played" error.

I can stream it fine but I really want to download it so I watch it offline.

This isn't a general problem for all movies from the store, I've downloaded the free trailers loads of times with no problems.

Has anyone else encountered this or know a way round it? I'm trying to steer clear of hard resetting my phone if I can help it.
    05-30-2014 10:35 AM
    Are you downloading using WiFi or your mobile connection? If a file can't be played its usually due to a break in the connection when downloading.
    05-30-2014 11:49 AM
    I'm using WiFi, I've only got a 750Mb mobile data limit. I'd a pain because the video arts it's been 100% downloaded. Plus there's no telling when the app will rest the download when it's under the luck screen, it seems to be random amounts.
    05-30-2014 01:27 PM
    Grrr
    I've just downloaded the film again, I even set a timer to remind me to touch the screen before it went black and locked but no luck, it still tells me it cannot play the file. Why can't I get a successful download to work???
    06-03-2014 10:20 AM