Question about upcoming Cyan Update

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
If I update my 8.1 prev to cyan update, should I also reformat/hard reset my phone? or soft reset is enough? I usually hard reset my phone whenever there is a OS update but I have a lot apps and games installed and I do not want them to reinstall because they are so huge.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1. nokia cyan update are firmware update from nokia, while windows phone 8.1 are from microsoft, these things are different
2. why you need to hard reset it? it doesn't like iO**** need to hard reset each update

Jeroenvk94

May 30, 2014
Visit site
1. nokia cyan update are firmware update from nokia, while windows phone 8.1 are from microsoft, these things are different
2. why you need to hard reset it? it doesn't like iO**** need to hard reset each update

It's better to do the hard reset though, so all the system settings are blank and there won't be any past issues which would worsen within the new software

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When Cyan drops, there's a good chance I'll nuke it from orbit and start fresh (gotten used to it)

you don't necessarily have to, up until a month ago or so I had a phone which was never hard reset since GDR2/Amber.

But you can't go wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb