Experiencing constant application freezing/crashes, heavy OS freezing/crashing.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
After updating to the improved WP8.1 (the one improving battery life and fixing bugs), my WP8.1 has started crashing a lot after freezing for few seconds.
This happens after using a few apps constantly (which by the way wasn't a problem before the second WP8.1 update or WP8). Facebook crashes, whatsapp crashes, takes over 5 seconds to leave the start screen and launch apps. After a few minutes of using those apps, the apps freeze and by using the back button to close them, the OS freezes. In that situation, when I use the lock button, the screen blacks out for several seconds or if the case is worse, my phone crashes. I assume its a case of limited memory, but I assure you that this didn't happen when WP8.1 was first launched and before getting the second WP8.1 update.

Yes, I have hard reset the phone both the times I update my OS. I can hard reset it again but I want to find the cause of this problem. I can't just go doing hard resets everytime I have this problem..

Now, if you have answered to the above situation.
I have therefore thought to go back to WP8 and then reinstall WP8.1 all over again. I am using the the USA version of Nokia Recovery Tool but after every 20 MB download, the download stops asking me to continue down again. Added exception of the recovery tool in the anti virus. No problem with the internet connection...

Help with both please. (First situation is important)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)