Bluetooth toast notification

sidn625

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Whenever receiving files over Bluetooth, toast notification is shown on the top with percent completion. However, after the file is received, it says 'Done and saved. Tap to view.'
The toast disappears after some time, so when receiving pdf files, unless you tap on it and open it in an app to save it in its memory, you lose the file with no way of accessing it.
Also, the file can be opened only in one app, say Adobe reader, which doesn't support sharing over Bluetooth. So you are left with a file that can neither be accessed through your PC, not your phone except from within the app.
Sent from my wp

sidn625

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope..
The file can not be found anywhere except in the app.
Also, I saw a Bluetooth share app from Nokia on wp 7.5 the other day. Isn't it available for our phones??

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
If the file you have received can be opened by a particular application(say pdf files in Adobe reader/pdf reader), it will be saved in its local storage, which cannot be accessed by a file manager. So, if you want to access it by file manager or computer, just download a file manager(pocket file manager-for me). After receiving the file, try to open the file via file manager. That file will be stored in its local storage. Later, you can move that file from its local storage to phone memory or SD card

sidn625

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
If the file you have received can be opened by a particular application(say pdf files in Adobe reader/pdf reader), it will be saved in its local storage, which cannot be accessed by a file manager. So, if you want to access it by file manager or computer, just download a file manager(pocket file manager-for me). After receiving the file, try to open the file via file manager. That file will be stored in its local storage. Later, you can move that file from its local storage to phone memory or SD card

Didnt know this, i'll give it a try...
But, if the toast disappears before you tap on it, then you lose the file,
They should modify it to show in the action centre instead.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Didnt know this, i'll give it a try...
But, if the toast disappears before you tap on it, then you lose the file,
They should modify it to show in the action centre instead.
I was also thinking about it. Toast notification for Bluetooth is not appearing in action centre. That should be fixed

sidn625

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
They srsly have got to fix the Bluetooth option. This always happens with me. When receiving images over Bluetooth, it always stops after two or three images. On the few occasions that it works, I have to tap accept for every image. Even my Symbian Nokia was better in this aspect...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos