Bring facebook;twitter integration back.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont get this whining about the integration. It simply couldnt be updated fast enough and was missing too many features. One of the stupidest things with WP8 was to give us several cripled ways of using Facebook. That didnt make any sense to anyone and was surely also eating MS's resourses as it basically had to have two teams doing the same thing.

Get over it people, its not coming back and its a good thing...

Oh man this reminds me of the days when chatting with someone they sent a picture I had to open other app to see it, if I even realized they sent one. Or when checking in to places you always had to think should I use the integrated option or the app, I want to tag friends so which one was the way I can do that with...

It was a great idea, but lagged too many features and could never be updated fast enough, so would have been always behind on features. GLAD ITS GONE.

Facebook messenger is great, works good and supports groups chats and pictures + even uploads them fast now. The app is also getting better all the time.

Last edited:

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
u actually used these phones or, just u have created a funky signature?
if u have used all these, u must be having own phones shop, right?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have owned all these phones yes, some for few weeks, but most for a longer time. In the 90's we had something like a phones shop :)

bananabender

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice to have the same, but also the option to have separate threads for each contact? It got a bit too messy for me. My main motive is because the facebook messenger background is white, and is really bright when laying in my bed at night messaging friends, It hurts my eyes. Also, it wastes battery faster on my Lumia 820. The old facebook chat in messaging was black and therefore was nowhere near as bright and saved battery with the black pixels completely turned off.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
Facebook integration was a great idea that never worked well. I feel like the people who claimed it worked are people who only used FB for occasionally messaging people and didn't receive messages very often.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Integration lacked many features I agree. What I would've hoped is that MS would try to improve their FB integration as opposed to just relying on 3rd party now. Integration was one of the major selling points for me when I switched from iOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb