Bring facebook;twitter integration back.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I do, the FB chat integration was the biggest thing that made me get a WP to begin with and it's the reason I havnt got the developer preview yet and I'm not looiking forward to 8.1

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the messenger app over the integration. I can send pictures, stickers etc. The built in integration would sometimes have a delay and not send/receive messages at time and couldn't send pictures

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the messenger app over the integration. I can send pictures, stickers etc. The built in integration would sometimes have a delay and not send/receive messages at time and couldn't send pictures

At first I was going to say the integration by you really make a good point. That's one of the things I'd didn't like and the integration. I'll have to try unishare app somebody mentioned above. Thought FB messenger mint just work fine for me. The other thing they need to work on is better Skype integration. That while app needs a makeover.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
At first I was going to say the integration by you really make a good point. That's one of the things I'd didn't like and the integration. I'll have to try unishare app somebody mentioned above. Thought FB messenger mint just work fine for me. The other thing they need to work on is better Skype integration. That while app needs a makeover.

Both Skype and Facebook are getting major updates in June Belford said it already I think Skype is getting a overhaul for 8.1

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Once the apps update (if they choose to) to take advantage of wp8.1 it will come back. Its up to the app writers to do so now. Its a better system to prevent waits every time an integrated site updates to fix the integration, but it leaves it up to them to do so.

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft already explained its faster to update apps separately than to update built in features. It makes since, but I wish they'd give us the option of using the built in basic features or using more advanced updated apps.

pentecost

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that we can pretty well assume that *deep* integration from third parties won't ever come back. I'm sure facebook et al are really anxious to let you essentially opt out of their UI branding and ads. Seems pretty implausible. It's not unrealistic to be concerned that the OS is devolving into everyone else's "8 presses to do one task" model.

OsamaAdam98

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh please don't that integrated messenger was a nightmare it rarely actually worked not to mention that it missed on every group chat.

pentecost

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Frankly, I never used nor cared about group chats. Nor do I care about stickers or any of the other passing fads that are easily passed off to the actual app. I do care about core functionality, which for a very long while was very much fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett