Hi.

I am using WP 8.1 developer preview since day one on my Lumia 920. I have my cellular data always deactivated because I use my home WiFi.

Yesterday and today, I got charged for cellular data despite having it deactivated. I know this because every time I get data from my carrier I receive a message.

Speaking with a technician, I was told that this is not their fault but some kind of a device bug and we decided it is better to deactivate data for me on their part (the carrier won't let me receive data).

I want to know if anyone else is having an issue like this. Also, is there an app that over-rides the cellular data option (on - off)? Could this be a WP 8.1 bug?

I want to mention that the last two days I haven't downloaded any new app (only daily update the existing ones) and I haven't made any changes to ANY of my device's settings.

Thanks!
    06-01-2014 11:21 AM
    I had the reverse of this issue, I had activated cellulardata in the morning (turned off at night) but all the apps were reacting as if data was off and websites showing the trouble loading page. I tried deactivating it again and I didn't get the carrier message on how much data was remaining. Then I soft reset it and still no luck. So I decided to leave it that way till night using only wifi and thank god it was back to normal.
    This happened 3 days ago and I am on the latest version of DP(didn't have issues with previous one).
    06-01-2014 12:34 PM