Questions concerning getting Lumia 1520 and developer's preview

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks! I have had Lumia 920 for almost one and half years and now I am considering to get this beautiful phone 1520. I know it's huge, maybe too huge at first but I'm sure I will get over it but otherwise the phone is damn good! Battery is one of the reasons why I'm not getting the hot-looking Lumia 930. (Glance is other reason)

As we know, Lumia 1520 still has the Windowsphone 8.0 and I have 8.1 developer's preview on my Lumia 920. If I'm correct, I cannot install dev preview to two devices simultaneously with the free developer's status? So what I'm asking is if it's possible to (easily without too much hassle) remove 8.1 developer's preview from my lumia 920 so it can be installed to my brand-new Lumia 1520? Of course, I could wait for the official update to come out but I wouldn't want to wait since it could take 1-2 months to arrive to 1520. And I cannot live without 8.1 because once you try it (Action center, backgrounds etc <3) you never go back!

Thank you for answers in advance! :)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought the Dev Preview was just tied to your Live ID? I have it on 2, but my 1st device is now deactivated from the carriers network. I plan on switching back and forth between phones though.

When I first got my new 8.0 device, before updating, I was a little confused. Lol. Can't go back after 8.1 now. :D

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup, it's tied to your Microsoft Account.

I really would recommend you to install the 8.1 Dev Preview on your phone, as the 1520 really shines with that.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Yup, it's tied to your Microsoft Account.

I really would recommend you to install the 8.1 Dev Preview on your phone, as the 1520 really shines with that.

I'm afraid that I didn't understand this 100%. I mean, if I want to use the same Microsoft account on my possible coming Lumia 1520, I cannot install the developer preview since I already have it on my 920?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid that I didn't understand this 100%. I mean, if I want to use the same Microsoft account on my possible coming Lumia 1520, I cannot install the developer preview since I already have it on my 920?

I have the WP 8.1 dev preview installed on my Lumia 1520 and on my Lumia 1020. Both are tied to the exact same Microsoft account. Additionally I installed the dev preview on my 2 oldest sons' devices and on my wife's Lumia 920. Each of these use an own Microsoft account, but I used my Microsoft account to install the dev preview through the preview for developers app. No issues at all.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If it works with 2 phones at the same time, what's the actual limitation because I have read somewhere about that you have to buy $29 (Not entirely sure about the price) license to use more than one phone for developing. Or have I just understood something wrong?

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the WP 8.1 dev preview installed on my Lumia 1520 and on my Lumia 1020. Both are tied to the exact same Microsoft account. Additionally I installed the dev preview on my 2 oldest sons' devices and on my wife's Lumia 920. Each of these use an own Microsoft account, but I used my Microsoft account to install the dev preview through the preview for developers app. No issues at all.

Okay! Thank you very much! So 8.1 dev preview should work without any problems on both 920 and 1520. Brilliant. I might buy this device earlier than I thought.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay! Thank you very much! So 8.1 dev preview should work without any problems on both 920 and 1520. Brilliant. I might buy this device earlier than I thought.

You certainly won't regret it. I initially had the same concerns about its size, but these vanished after very few hours of using it. Now my 1020 feels tiny. :)

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Please make a follow up thread once you have your device and had some time to play around with it. I'm very interested in how you actually like it. :)

Well I can give some experiences here if/when I will buy it. It's around 500€ here in Finland and I try to find some nice place to buy where it is cheap but where it will be easy to contact support if needed for soem reason :) I might buy it in a week.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Please make a follow up thread once you have your device and had some time to play around with it. I'm very interested in how you actually like it. :)

Okay. I bought a new Lumia 1520 on Monday and Yesterday evening I finally got everything restored from back up and running like on my L920. It look a lot of time due to all the **** I have on my Lumia 920 :D

So far I love the 6" Screen! It's absolutely gorgeous and not that clunky. And it fits into my jeans' pockets! I also didn't expect Lumia 1520 be that much faster when it comes to opening and loading apps etc. The screen is really good in other ways as well. White seems like white (much like AMOLED screen) and colours are deep. Matte Yellow looks beautiful!

Unfortunately I haven't tried the camera that much for real use but it definitely seems to be better than the one with lumia920. Suprised tho? >8D

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I bought a new Lumia 1520 on Monday and Yesterday evening I finally got everything restored from back up and running like on my L920. It look a lot of time due to all the **** I have on my Lumia 920 :D

So far I love the 6" Screen! It's absolutely gorgeous and not that clunky. And it fits into my jeans' pockets! I also didn't expect Lumia 1520 be that much faster when it comes to opening and loading apps etc. The screen is really good in other ways as well. White seems like white (much like AMOLED screen) and colours are deep. Matte Yellow looks beautiful!

Unfortunately I haven't tried the camera that much for real use but it definitely seems to be better than the one with lumia920. Suprised tho? >8D

The camera is definitely better, as it uses the same technology which was introduced with the Lumia 1020, even though it's "only" sporting 20MP instead of 41. I told you you'd get used to the size rather quickly. :) Glad to hear you like your shiny new toy. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar