No more bluetooth contact sync/sharing with audi RNS-E after update.

R0b3rtS

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I cannot sync my contact anymore using BT and my audi car(RNS-E) stereo, the BT pairs normally, i can make and receive phonecalls but when i try to access the phone contact list this option is greyed out. (RNS-E is a mk2 (pu) with latest sw220 version)

When pairing the phone with my rns-e the lumia 1520 gave a popup with a request for aproval for downloading contacts, ofcourse i aproved this (even with photo's), but NO downloading/syncing is done..

I removed the RNS-E several times from my BT list and paired again using several different settings but nothing seems to help, also i resetted the BT part of the RNS-E to factory defaults and paired again, also here no effect.

Until a few weeks back this worked fine, contacts where shared/synced normally between RNS-E (audi car stereo) and my lumia 1520, but now i simply cannot get it to sync anymore. (it does pair and phone works!)

Could this be a bug?

JONA1970

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I cannot sync my contact anymore using BT and my audi car(RNS-E) stereo, the BT pairs normally, i can make and receive phonecalls but when i try to access the phone contact list this option is greyed out. (RNS-E is a mk2 (pu) with latest sw220 version)

When pairing the phone with my rns-e the lumia 1520 gave a popup with a request for aproval for downloading contacts, ofcourse i aproved this (even with photo's), but NO downloading/syncing is done..

I removed the RNS-E several times from my BT list and paired again using several different settings but nothing seems to help, also i resetted the BT part of the RNS-E to factory defaults and paired again, also here no effect.

Until a few weeks back this worked fine, contacts where shared/synced normally between RNS-E (audi car stereo) and my lumia 1520, but now i simply cannot get it to sync anymore. (it does pair and phone works!)

Could this be a bug?

Same problem here, RNS-E SW 0220 with Lumia 925. I believe we'll have our problem solved when Nokia release Cyan Firmware.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Can't pair with my Subaru anymore either. This actually happened after the previous update; this new one didn't fix it.

R0b3rtS

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Yep, my problem also started after the previous (first) update. On the initial dev version BT was working fine, suddenly i nioticed my phonebook was not accesable anymore in my car (i do not often use this).

Hope this wil be fixed soon.

micoboy

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia 1520 was upgraded to windows 8.1 Lumia Cyan. Latest build of June 24th.
My device is paired in the car but will not pick up any of my contacts. It was working fine before this update. If anyone has suggestions on how I can get this working please let me know.

Thanks

R0b3rtS

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I think you can forget the contacts.

These where lost on 8.1 preview edition, on 8.0 they worked fine.
I hoped it wass fixed when 8.1 final would be released, but if i understand correctly you have 8.1 cyan (final) running and you also lost the contact option...

If that is correct you can safely conclude this bug is NOT fixed in the final and that we do not have any contacts anymore when connecting to a RSN-E device.

You could submit a bug report to nokia and/or microsoft and report that contacs sharing is lost when using 8.1

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
had/have the same issue with any WP Lumia. On WP7, my car (using an alpine HU) would sync everything from my HTC titan, but nothing on my lumia 900. After upgrading to my 920, the same thing. Syncing any other phone works fine.

R0b3rtS

May 9, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth my contacts are syncing fine from a Lumia 1020 on 8.1 DP to a Kenwood HU

Thx for the info,
But the problem is the combination RNS(-E) and WP 8.1(preview), with WP 8.0 it worked fine btw.
RNS(-E) is the factory radio/navigation/BT system from volkswagen/audi concern itself.

R0b3rtS

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I updated my 1520 to 8.1 cyan and then to DP 8.1.1 (with maps function etc)

Tried in my car if it worked but still no contacts, then i started to play around in the RNS-E settings and got it finally to work.

What i did:
- reset in RNS-E phone settings to default
- turned OFF the car ignition but left the car key in ingnition so the radio keeps working
- i then paired (while ignition if OFF) my 1520 with the RNS and waited about 1 minute

After this was done all BT contact functions worked again after ca 1 minute(they came one by one available), i now can access my phonebook contacts using RNS-E :)

So the trick for me was to turn the car ignition OFF (dashbord off etc) and only the RNS-E turned on when pairing.
I don't know if the contacts still work when driving/contact on, i had no time to test it.

Hope this info helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3