Can't disable Glance info?

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I love the clock feature of Glance, but I find the notifications make me a slave to emails. I tried to disable them on my 822, but they are still showing up. I have the clock set to be on 24x7, (and I have it in full time night mode), but the Glance alerts won't go away. A buddy of mine has the same behavior on his 1020. We are both running the latest 8.1 version.

Any ideas?

thanks
Charlie

wp_ss_20140603_0001.jpg

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Bump on this... Can someone try turning off "Glance Screen Info" and let me know if you get the same behavior? Any advice?

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Bump on this... Can someone try turning off "Glance Screen Info" and let me know if you get the same behavior? Any advice?

Turning off glance info only turns off the detailed notification information, the icons currently can't be disabled without also removing them from the lockscreen.

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I didn't even know there was an option to display detailed information. All I get on my 822 are the little email notification icons no matter what I do with the detailed selection. Is this a limitation on the 822 and other phones?

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the other icons it shows are charging status, vibrate mode, and alarm (if on). If your phone isn't on charge, you don't have it on vibrate, and no alarm is set, then none of the icons show and you just have the clock.

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the other icons it shows are charging status, vibrate mode, and alarm (if on). If your phone isn't on charge, you don't have it on vibrate, and no alarm is set, then none of the icons show and you just have the clock.

Oh right, I get those ones too, but they aren't controlled by the glance screen info setting.

It looks like there are supposed to be more details that show based on the app you select in "setup" > "lock screen" > "Choose an app to show detailed status". I get this info on my lock screen, but not on my glance screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro