Downgrading WP 8.1 to WP8

naveenow

Banned
May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have some issues with 3G data connection in WP 8.1 and I am planning to change it to WP 8.1.
Checked 3G on WP8 and my WP 8.1 was resetted (hard and soft) but no use.
So I installed NSU 4.2.1 and it shows Lumia Black Firmware with Install Option.
File size is 1.43 GB, My questions are
1. Will 8.1 can be converted to 8.0 with this (otherwise wastage of 1.43 GB)
2. Will my phone get all 8.0 inbuilt lockscreen images
3. Is there any problem with Nokia or Microsoft by doing this
4. Will my phone work like old WP 8 after this
5. Does it install all Nokia extras, display, glance apps with latest version or old version (Lumia Amber) or Lumia black.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but you are wrong, I used it to go back to 8.0 on one of my 925's

How ? Just plugging it in to NSU shows the current Firmware that you phone has ( I assume Black) and you have a choice to install Black again - even tho' your phone still has Black and the 8.1 from via preview and that downloading it again doesn't remove 8.1. You're leaving something out aren't you ? Nokia Software Recovery Tool
http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

Last edited:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Most recent update to that software specifically states you can downgrade from 8.1 to the "most recent commercial release" for your phone, which will most likely be 8.0+Nokia Black.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Most recent update to that software specifically states you can downgrade from 8.1 to the "most recent commercial release" for your phone, which will most likely be 8.0+Nokia Black.
I just opened NSU 4.1 and it said that a new update of NSU(4.2.1) for phones with 8.1 was available but it said nothing about downgrading it to 8.0 again.

Last edited:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Just follow the link in the post above mine - links to the download page for the most recent version of the software, which 1.4.1. Just installed it and with my 8.1 Lumia 620 plugged in it offers me the chance to downgrade using the install button. It just shows the firmware revision for Black (in my case 3056.40000.1404.0004) but it will be with WP8.0. Make sure you back everything up that you want to keep before taking the plunge!

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Just follow the link in the post above mine - links to the download page for the most recent version of the software, which 1.4.1. Just installed it and with my 8.1 Lumia 620 plugged in it offers me the chance to downgrade using the install button. It just shows the firmware revision for Black (in my case 3056.40000.1404.0004) but it will be with WP8.0. Make sure you back everything up that you want to keep before taking the plunge!

I just installed the Nokia Software Updater for Retail latest version, it was 4.1 it's now 4.2.1 that link which I posted takes you to the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, you're talking about that, not NSU which is what the OP mentioned, he needs the Recovery Tool ( NSR) not NSU

Toto_O

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i have WP8.1 final on my lumia 520. Cause for big drain of battery i want to downgrade to WP8.0 but i have a problem with Nokia uptader for retail (last version) apparently, the paquet is corrupted and the software DL it again and again and again :(

Help, thx !

JJohnson1701

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I went back to 8.1 and it felt like a huge upgrade. I got my Hubs back, my facebook integration back, and even a working music+videos hub (which should be a Zune hub, but that's semantics). I wish Microsoft would undo everything they messed up by remove those, and the original cursor, and Bing Vision.

VishalM

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my Lumia was installed with developer preview 8.1 so I wanted to downgrade it in 8.0 so I can get official update of Lumia cyan. I used NSU and it installed some update successfully done message had appeared and phone restarted but it's still in Windows 8.1. Please help...

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my Lumia was installed with developer preview 8.1 so I wanted to downgrade it in 8.0 so I can get official update of Lumia cyan. I used NSU and it installed some update successfully done message had appeared and phone restarted but it's still in Windows 8.1. Please help...

Are you sure you don't have Cyan now? Check in extras+info. They've been updating what NSU considers to be the current production version for some Lumias.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster