I think i am one of the lucky Lumia Owner

Brother777

May 27, 2013
Visit site
928 working fantastic, good battery life, no resetting issues and it's still smooth as butter. Side note, I shot some video of my daughter's wedding and I am pleasantly surprised at the clarity and resolution as seen on my Panasonic plasma TV.

ibkevin

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and somewhat new to windows phone. I did briefly own an HTC 8x once but I went thru two replacements, both just lost all sound so I gave up on that phone but I just picked up a Lumia Icon about a week ago and I'm glad to be back on windows phone. Especially since the 8.1 preview! Haven't noticed any real problems myself yet, n battery life did seem to improve. Can't wait to get the official cyan firmware/update. 8.1 is pretty solid now but I'm sure it's going to be even better soon!
UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I do have some hesitation when pressing the power button til the time the screen comes up, which is something I read was a software thing in 8.1 preview and happens with other Lumia phoned running the 8.1 preview. Other than that though, no real issues.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Surprised to come across no big issues too when I upgraded my 1020 to WP8.1 (besides some occasional animation stutters, but that came with the most recent update). Battery life was initially an issue, but heck I was using the phone a lot more for the first couple of weeks so it's fair enough really.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Count me in.

Lol maybe "half-in" since I absolutely LOATHE the new Music app.

All is well on my WP 8.1 only if the Music app was a tad better.

I mean, Black screen of death, lag while scrolling through Playlists, starting on the first song on the playlists EVEN on shuffle. It's a huge blunder and unacceptable at this point. While I don't get the hate for the previous Xbox Music app, this one takes it further DOWN to the hatred they once had for the Xbox Music app.

Playing music is the most I do with my phone and it's really a vital app for me. They really need to do something about this since this is a huge deal breaker for me

With that said, I'm pretty happy with my Lumia 920 running on WP8.1 especially with the Battery Life. I might be the only one but the battery life on 8.1 is better than when I was with 8.

Hopefully before rolling this out fully Microsoft decides to fix their Music app because honestly, it's really embarrassing.

I hear you. I liked the WP8 music hub better. It's so hard now to go back to previously played music. Before it was right there.

Abronnovich

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Been running 8.1 on my L920 for a while now, no issues. Yea, music sucks but otherwise all else is on point. Battery life more or less the same.

cjloyola

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
8 GB card only eh? You're playing it safe, you little devil.

No I'm Not. i am just being honest. i will put 32GB on the Official Release of Cyan and 8.1 since we can already install to SD Card. Besides, i dont really need bigger memory for Music or Videos or Pictures. I am for Cloud storage. :)

ChanceNC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Fail for me. I got my 928 back in early January and I had two brief encounters with an unresponsive touchscreen, both within the first week I had it. Tweaked some settings based on some advice here (main one was turning off double tap to wake) and had no problems...until I installed the 8.1 developer preview. I was rewarded with phantom back/Start button presses, occasional overheating and unresponsive capacitive buttons. I tried a hard reset on 8.1, which alleviated the symptoms for a short time (couple of days), then tried to bail out and revert to WP8, but the problems persisted and now it's in Nokia's hands. I'm hoping they will honor the warranty. Installing the DP was a huge mistake, given the phone ran like a champ before that time. :cry:

cjloyola

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Fail for me. I got my 928 back in early January and I had two brief encounters with an unresponsive touchscreen, both within the first week I had it. Tweaked some settings based on some advice here (main one was turning off double tap to wake) and had no problems...until I installed the 8.1 developer preview. I was rewarded with phantom back/Start button presses, occasional overheating and unresponsive capacitive buttons. I tried a hard reset on 8.1, which alleviated the symptoms for a short time (couple of days), then tried to bail out and revert to WP8, but the problems persisted and now it's in Nokia's hands. I'm hoping they will honor the warranty. Installing the DP was a huge mistake, given the phone ran like a champ before that time. :cry:
😞

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99