Lumia 920 screen rotation, accelerometer, inclinometer, orientation, compass, and glance stop workin

viralgajera

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I m Lumia 920 user, I m using wp8.1 dev preview.
Just before 2weeks my screen rotation, accelerometer, inclinometer, orientation, compass, and glance suddenly stop working. I tried soft and hard reset both, but problem is still there. Anybody have same issue? How to fix this problem? My phone is out of warranty. So if anybody have fixed it please help.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
if both kinds of resets failed to help, i fear the worst. something hardware-y has all but definitely gone south and a DIY job, pro service, or a replacement may be in order.

I haven't heard of such a combo of failure, but here's hoping someone has an easy solution

viralgajera

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replay.. But all sensors are not working don't know what's wrong, just waiting for cyan firmware, if it will not fix that problem, must go to Nokia service station..

parsh

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replay.. But all sensors are not working don't know what's wrong, just waiting for cyan firmware, if it will not fix that problem, must go to Nokia service station..

In case you are still searching for answers to this, you are in for a jolt. Any kind of firmware restore/update will not resolve the problem. The components on motherboard are fried and you need to get the motherboard replaced. The motherboard is single unit with all these components.

4 months back in March, the same thing happened to my 920 and this is exactly what I had to do eventually at the Service Center. But it did help greatly to have the phone in warranty as it was a new purchase.

In your case, however, the no warranty on phone is going to hit bad. So be ready for the worst.

saurabhsdwivedi

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
hey I had te same issue with My Lumia 920 , Screen rotation was locked,Camera was locked to potrait mode,Proximity Sensor was not working,the games depending on Accelerometer were crashing ..I read up on few sites and came accross a interesting fact that these Lumia phone sensors are much more prone to Dust and the sensors need to be kept clean. I removed the dust of the top of the sensors using any a thin hard paper..And believe me everyting is working back as normal..I just fixed this so it could be a total fluke , but after cleaning everything worked it couldn be a co incidence..Try it once maybe this would work! PS: will post again if my phone is still working after a week. :p

viralgajera

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
In case you are still searching for answers to this, you are in for a jolt. Any kind of firmware restore/update will not resolve the problem. The components on motherboard are fried and you need to get the motherboard replaced. The motherboard is single unit with all these components.

4 months back in March, the same thing happened to my 920 and this is exactly what I had to do eventually at the Service Center. But it did help greatly to have the phone in warranty as it was a new purchase.

In your case, however, the no warranty on phone is going to hit bad. So be ready for the worst.

Thank you, but its better to buy new cell, if going to get new motherboard, phone's price also got cheap now, do you have idea about motherboard price?

viralgajera

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
hey I had te same issue with My Lumia 920 , Screen rotation was locked,Camera was locked to potrait mode,Proximity Sensor was not working,the games depending on Accelerometer were crashing ..I read up on few sites and came accross a interesting fact that these Lumia phone sensors are much more prone to Dust and the sensors need to be kept clean. I removed the dust of the top of the sensors using any a thin hard paper..And believe me everyting is working back as normal..I just fixed this so it could be a total fluke , but after cleaning everything worked it couldn be a co incidence..Try it once maybe this would work! PS: will post again if my phone is still working after a week. :p

I really wonder, but you know my problem persisted for few months I tired soft hard reset, but problem was still there, after 2,3 months I tried soft reset again and wow, it was working fine. But another day I wake up in the morning, the problem starts again, so these days I found, that when ever it happens I have to restart 1-3times and it start working again, so I guess my hardware don't have problem, problem is with software, I guess, thanks, but please let me know how to clean dust with paper? I would love to try it..

viralgajera

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I highly doubt Cyan will help. Might as well go get service somehow.

I also hope may be,cyan will help, because it is working after few restars after 2month of problems, but it stop working if I don't use it for whole night longer, then need to restart and boom it start working again, guess can get cyan and fix it..

Rajsingh Dkhar

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the exact same issue since the last week. The sensors have stopped working. That too just after the 1 year Warranty. Until now, I always used Nokia Phones. I was very upset by the takeover of Nokia smartphone segment by Microsoft. This is what I feared. Microsoft has no experience in this field. I was a proud Nokia fan since 1998 and very proud of my Nokia Lumia 920. All in vain. Cheap hardware with a high price tag all because of Microsoft services. I am never going to buy another Nokia Phone again. Better shift to iPhone or Samsung. Heartbroken! Hate you Nokia.

Alfred Attard

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Rglance st-Lumia 920 screen rotation, accelerometer, inclinometer, orientation, compass, andop wo

Rglance st-Lumia 920 screen rotation, accelerometer, inclinometer, orientation, compass, andop work what can i do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel