new xbox music problem?

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
xbox music was a great program, imo. this new version is deservedly hated. it's incredibly slow and buggy. and now i'm experiencing the worst bug yet (at least in me experience). xbox music won't open anymore. i tap the icon, the green screen launches and then just stays like that for maybe two minutes, then crashes, i.e. goes back to the phones home screen. if i ask cortana to play a song i know i've downloaded, the song will play, so the music is there in the phone, but xbox music is unusable.

some questions: anyone else having this issue? if so, any solution without having to uninstall/delete all of the music and start over? i know this is only a dev. preview, but what exactly is the rationale for taking a great program and turning it into something people hate to use? i assume the dev. version show cases something that developers would be interested in that has nothing to do w/ performance, but my experience w/ this new version wouldn't push me to invest in something else. so what's the rationale here? maybe if i understand it i'd be less frustrated w/ the program.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the store again? You won't have to remove and re-sync your music.

Jan Marcelo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
It's impossible to uninstall the Music app because Microsoft made it the phone's default player which should be not because in my opinion, it works like a 3rd party app.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's impossible to uninstall the Music app because Microsoft made it the phone's default player which should be not because in my opinion, it works like a 3rd party app.

You're right, I just tried it. I thought it was possible to uninstall it since it's not an OS app anymore. I was obviously wrong. -_-

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I found a soft reset (or two) fixed this issue for me. Xbox music is very much an app in progress. It's like they spent 18 months working on WP8.1 and then realized they needed to finish the music player. The bi-weekly releases are helping but they need to focus on fixing the speed of the app because it's abysmal.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
The biweekly updates haven't improved the app's stability in my opinion, which is usually the most important feature for user experience. I'm grumbling all the time because the app doesn't work right.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I found a soft reset (or two) fixed this issue for me. Xbox music is very much an app in progress. It's like they spent 18 months working on WP8.1 and then realized they needed to finish the music player. The bi-weekly releases are helping but they need to focus on fixing the speed of the app because it's abysmal.

the soft reset did something...now the xbox music launch screen pops up when touched and then moves to an all black screen that says loading, then it crashes.

that's more than it was doing, so i'll take that as progress!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise