Faded info on Cortana

Robby Herbert

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Cortana always shows my news headlines and weather as really faded, almost to the point where it is hard to read. I have changed all settings, including brightness, battery saver, background tasks, and nothing works. Even when my phone is charging, the info is still really faded. Is it just my phone, are others experiencing this too, or is that how Cortana's information always shows up? Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure i understand by faded, maybe a screenshot would help?

also worth noting that a workaround, albeit not optimal, might be enabling High Contrast in Settings, under Ease of Access.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I think what he means by faded is dim. Sometimes when you pull up the news and interests from the bottom the text and images won't be at full brightness. It's a bug. I haven't noticed it recently though.

Robby Herbert

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
@Kram Sacul, you are correct by what I mean as the text and pictures are more dim than really faded.
@xandros9, thanks for the tip on high contrast, I have not tried that yet. Also, on the screenshot, I'm not sure how to upload pics from the Windows phone app or if it is even possible. If you could explain to me how to do it, I will upload a picture what my Cortana news feed looks like.
Thanks again to both of you.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Here's what it looks like:

wp_ss_20140606_0001.png

It's a glitch that happens quite a bit. When it does happen just hit the back button and pull up the news/weather/etc again and it should be at full brightness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3