Can Developers/Microsoft please....please stop making every app transparent?

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought the Esmerald (Green) color was also a trademark for everything Xbox till Xbox Video got updated to have a transparent tile....I mean c'mon guys, are you really looking for a start screen full of one color? That's unimaginative and dull. I like my start screen full of colors and not just one.....if you wanna see how ugly your start screen is or will be, just imagine all apps transparent or just remove your background picture.

App colors sometimes make it easier to find apps on your start screen and most apps have an official trademark color like my list of Green Xbox apps in a row...now Xbox Video with a transparent tile just ****ed my green row up. Now I hear Xbox music will also be transparent and then the games hub will follow....please stop this or include a toggle. Instead of these teams working on bringing our live tiles and avatars back you working on transparency....for a great green color accepted product.

Please for the love of Christ, Windows Phone, Microsoft, Developers please stop making every app tile transparent or even they can have a toggle for it for those of us not fans of it. For me a great start screen is one with full of colors and a little mix of transparent tiles here and there.....Now I miss my green Xbox Video color :'(

Thanks.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It's not a matter of stopping or not stopping. It's about OPTIONS. There should always be the option to turn the transparency on or off. And just using all solid colors isn't an option either. I like transparent tiles, but sometimes they don't all need to be transparent.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Ya i also think there should be an option! WPs doesn't provide much flexibility in case of options! We cant even choose our own accent color are you kidding me!! Such a basic option!

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I think the main subject here is CHANGES. The people turn scared with the changes, just open your mind! We are "Custom animals", so be easy about that, give it a time.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Whenever something is changed there should always be an option to revert back. Games in the app list, always on system tray, and now transparent tiles. It's like we're going backwards. In 8.0 video/music and games had nice animated tiles with the Xbox logo. In 8.1 there's no logo and they don't even move. Soon they won't even have color. It's like they're not allowed to stand out anymore.

"Just set a solid color" or "don't install 8.1" is as useless as posts can get. We're talking about the individuality of tiles. Having a mixture of solid and transparent tiles is a nice thing and what makes a great start screen Having everything transparent is one step closer to:

640px-Android_4.4.2.png

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Then you have people like myself that actually likes having their whole main screen transparent (and at the moment, it is besides Skype -.-). Sure, options would be nice, but myself, I like the new look and having Skype there bothers me, but I use it too much to move it.

Sure, though, options I suppose would be nice and all, but it's up to the developers to do it. It's like leading a horse to water, Microsoft can give developers the ability to turn on / off transparent tiles, but it's up to the developers to take advantage of it.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I agree with your complaint but also agree with others as well.

The transparent tile was added because the majority of WP8.1 users begged for it. Like yourself, there will always be the minority that could care less for it.

Do I agree with the (forced) approach that is being placed on everyone as a whole, no.

Do I agree with the limited color choices, heck no.

Do I like the transparent tile, yep.

The remedy is much more simple than Microsoft has given us. As a developer I can tell you, itd take 5 minutes tops to add an option in an app to give the user a choice and I believe this is the approach (all) developers should consider when releasing an app. Just add an option in the apps settings to let users pick from a color picker, transparent, image....

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I personally like some transparent tiles, but yeah I do definitely agree that it should be a user option. If you want all tiles transparent, go into the app and set it that way. If you want some to NOT be transparent, go into the app.

I for one like the xbox music tile being green. And the games tile being green. That being said, I COULD set all my tiles to green...but I like the red color, and the green breaks it up nicely. (Or its a Christmas theme? Take your pick.)

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Whenever something is changed there should always be an option to revert back.
Nah, the OS would be so bloated with previous versions of options it would be huge. And they'd be pages and pages of settings to adjust.
And it would be impossible to support.

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It's not a matter of stopping or not stopping. It's about OPTIONS. There should always be the option to turn the transparency on or off. And just using all solid colors isn't an option either. I like transparent tiles, but sometimes they don't all need to be transparent.
this

armandojv

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the main subject here is CHANGES. The people turn scared with the changes, just open your mind! We are "Custom animals", so be easy about that, give it a time.

I love changes and so do a lot of people... That's why we installed 8.1 in the first place. But sometimes the old stuff just works as good. We are just asking for a toggle option within the app, not that hard. To be able to choose between transparent (accent color) or original app color. Something WPC app does with ease. And everyone is happy, transparent tiles and non-transparent tiles users.

armandojv

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Then you have people like myself that actually likes having their whole main screen transparent (and at the moment, it is besides Skype -.-). Sure, options would be nice, but myself, I like the new look and having Skype there bothers me, but I use it too much to move it.

Sure, though, options I suppose would be nice and all, but it's up to the developers to do it. It's like leading a horse to water, Microsoft can give developers the ability to turn on / off transparent tiles, but it's up to the developers to take advantage of it.

Microsoft has already given devs the option to, look at WPC. Set it to accent color and it will be transparent, set it to any color and your tile is solid.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Nothing wrong with offering a choice, a simple toggle in a app is enough. Just because some don't want a screen full of transparent tiles doesn't mean they don't like change and saying they shouldn't install 8.1 is a ridiculous statement. Thus is not ios where we are all good little isheep and just follow the leader, options are good to the thinking man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)