Can Developers/Microsoft please....please stop making every app transparent?

armandojv

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, according to this, each app must have a accent and transparent option? No way!

Now you are being selfish. This is something some of us are asking for. You like transparency tiles? We are not arguing to take them off, just to give an option to those that do not want it. Why should it bother you so much? Go complain at another thread where you truly understand what we are talking about. Again, is not to take away the transparency is to allow an option. Should I repeat that again?

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Lots of people like certain apps like Facebook, twitter, Xbox 🎮 music etc in their natural colour. Others like everything in transparent so that the background image becomes more clear. So, there should be an option to toggle between default colour and transparent tile.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Just set a solid color and done. Or, dont install WP8.1.
So, how can we use notification centre? How can we use Cortana? How can we use file manager? I've installed WP 8.1 not only for background image. If there is some problem with the update, "going back" is not the primary option. And, if you set the Xbox video tile- transparent, and you have removed the background image; you will get only the accent colour for the tile, right? How can we set the default Xbox 🎮 green..?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Ya i also think there should be an option! WPs doesn't provide much flexibility in case of options! We cant even choose our own accent color are you kidding me!! Such a basic option!
emm last time I checked you could create a wallpaper any color you want, you know any solid color, black, white, bright yellow, gray... whatever and put it as your background in 8.1wouldn't that be the same? unless you just want to complain though and fail in your argument.... becuase you have options for that already, and they can be enabled or tiles accents can be enhanced by the new transparent tiles background feature.

Mad MilkMan

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ooooorrrrrr, Microsoft could just introduce a way for you to edit and customize ANY live tile design with a baked in application. You know, to edit individual color, tile picture, tile name...

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
emm last time I checked you could create a wallpaper any color you want, you know any solid color, black, white, bright yellow, gray... whatever and put it as your background in 8.1wouldn't that be the same? unless you just want to complain though and fail in your argument.... becuase you have options for that already, and they can be enabled or tiles accents can be enhanced by the new transparent tiles background feature.

Lol, color of the tiles and accent color is not the same! :p When you choose an accent color from the settings that color also applies in your notification banners, loading bars, app logos in the apps list, and everywhere else in the phone where there is an accent color! So ya what you said is just wrong. I can make an wallpaper of any color I want right now and set it as my background image in the start screen. But I can't choose any color for the accent. I have to stick with the default accent colors which MS provided.

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Now you are being selfish. This is something some of us are asking for. You like transparency tiles? We are not arguing to take them off, just to give an option to those that do not want it. Why should it bother you so much? Go complain at another thread where you truly understand what we are talking about. Again, is not to take away the transparency is to allow an option. Should I repeat that again?

Dude, it's simple: I like the transparent tiles, my tesis is "open your mind", what sentences part I did complaint in?

If the problem is about live tile, Microsoft is working on it; but you can't pretend an option into SO because it's impossible to manage this feature for individuals apps (talking about solid live tiles)

Im not arguing about nothing, just I don't understand why people complicates something that is not. I think I can to express my opinion here or in another thread, who are you to say me where o when?

Don't take it bad.

Regards.

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
So, how can we use notification centre? How can we use Cortana? How can we use file manager? I've installed WP 8.1 not only for background image. If there is some problem with the update, "going back" is not the primary option. And, if you set the Xbox video tile- transparent, and you have removed the background image; you will get only the accent colour for the tile, right? How can we set the default Xbox 🎮 green..?

In fact, it's not my primary choose. Reread my first post here. I'm agree with in the part when you say "I've installed WP 8.1 not only for background image".

How to set? The developer can do that. If not, enjoy the transparent tile. No more until Microsoft do something to this.

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Whenever you remove your background, the transparent tiles revert to the accent color, not their default color. So no, not such an easy solution for the condescending people around here.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Lots of people like certain apps like Facebook, twitter, Xbox 🎮 music etc in their natural colour. Others like everything in transparent so that the background image becomes more clear. So, there should be an option to toggle between default colour and transparent tile.

There is already this option at Design Time by the Developer. If its not included its because the Developer chose not to.

For those that don't know or don't understand.

9.9 times out of 10 the color you see on a tile isn't a color but an image on a transparent background. It has been this way all throughout WP. The only thing Microsoft changed was the ability to throw on a Start Screen BG image. If you remove the BG and the tile uses the Accent Color instead of a colored bg image, its because the Developer WANTED it that way.

Arguing that Microsoft should add an option to WP to edit each apps tile to a color you want is not reasonable thinking when you think of the amount of apps there are for WP. Which is why my previous post I said that Developers should add the option themselves. It's not alot of code nor hard work to do it app side.

Blaming Microsoft for everything is a bit of reaching. In the case of the Video Tile, sure, its Microsoft's Video App Team that botched by not giving users options but Microsoft as a whole I think, has done an exceptional job at trying to please the masses.

And no, telling users, if you don't like transparency then use the accent color.... doesn't help solve the issue. I personally can't stand using the accent color myself and use transparent tiles with a Start Screen BG but I agree, it isn't the answer to those that just want different colored tiles.

And OP, don't be so angry. At the end of the day, your lifes not going to end because a tile is no longer green. :)

Just my two cents as a Developer who knows exactly what it would take to give users options.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
There is already this option at Design Time by the Developer. If its not included its because the Developer chose not to.

For those that don't know or don't understand.

9.9 times out of 10 the color you see on a tile isn't a color but an image on a transparent background. It has been this way all throughout WP. The only thing Microsoft changed was the ability to throw on a Start Screen BG image. If you remove the BG and the tile uses the Accent Color instead of a colored bg image, its because the Developer WANTED it that way.

Arguing that Microsoft should add an option to WP to edit each apps tile to a color you want is not reasonable thinking when you think of the amount of apps there are for WP. Which is why my previous post I said that Developers should add the option themselves. It's not alot of code nor hard work to do it app side.

Blaming Microsoft for everything is a bit of reaching. In the case of the Video Tile, sure, its Microsoft's Video App Team that botched by not giving users options but Microsoft as a whole I think, has done an exceptional job at trying to please the masses.

And no, telling users, if you don't like transparency then use the accent color.... doesn't help solve the issue. I personally can't stand using the accent color myself and use transparent tiles with a Start Screen BG but I agree, it isn't the answer to those that just want different colored tiles.

And OP, don't be so angry. At the end of the day, your lifes not going to end because a tile is no longer green. :)

Just my two cents as a Developer who knows exactly what it would take to give users options.

Thanks for the info...
And,I was not blaming Microsoft. I was telling about the app. There should be an option in each app to toggle between default colour and transparent tile. At present, we don't have an option to set default green tile for Xbox video(if we don't the set the accent colour-green or a third party shortcut 😉). And this app is developed by Microsoft itself. Right.?

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info...
And,I was not blaming Microsoft. I was telling about the app. There should be an option in each app to toggle between default colour and transparent tile. At present, we don't have an option to set default green tile for Xbox video(if we don't the set the accent colour-green or a third party shortcut 😉). And this app is developed by Microsoft itself. Right.?

I wasn't aiming that at anyone specific, just at the thread in general. The only remark to you specifically was the first explanation.

And yes, its owned by Microsoft but as everyone knows, each team does their own thing.

I do actually agree with the OP in a general sense but, I see the realistic side of the problem.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't aiming that at anyone specific, just at the thread in general. The only remark to you specifically was the first explanation.

And yes, its owned by Microsoft but as everyone knows, each team does their own thing.

I do actually agree with the OP in a general sense but, I see the realistic side of the problem.
I agree

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the main subject here is CHANGES. The people turn scared with the changes, just open your mind! We are "Custom animals", so be easy about that, give it a time.

Only that those are arguably unnecessary changes that are based on taste. It's annoying, not scary.

Or do you accept everything with this argumentation?

"Well, my company decided to pay me less, but it's only a change, I can't be afraid of changes, I'll get used to it!"

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lol these guys at ms must be kind of stupid really, they should all be like "oh god they first ask for us to make it transparent and now this" while in reality the logic thing to do would be adding the OPTION to set whatever color you want, transparent or classic, but well... what can we do.. they are going to keep doing the same over and over, no matter how much we complain they wont learn, or maybe im wrong and simply there are rules at ms forbidding them to do that because adding that kind of option would need some kind of approval apart from the first one being making it transparent and they wont have the energy to keep doing the same bureaucratic proccess over and over, seriously, ms and the rest of giant corporations should go back to the basics, stop acting like giants with no awareness of the world that makes them big in the first place because they are always looking up at the "big picture"

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't confuse: One thing is customs and other is reality. I have an agreement with my company which it have some statements, only changes if both parts are agree with new statements. You buy a phone with WP8 and notice about new changes. If you don't agree about this, then you CAN choose to not update your phone. Nobody put a gun in your head, right?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't confuse: One thing is customs and other is reality. I have an agreement with my company which it have some statements, only changes if both parts are agree with new statements. You buy a phone with WP8 and notice about new changes. If you don't agree about this, then you CAN choose to not update your phone. Nobody put a gun in your head, right?

Yeah, great idea, then people will really enjoy this:

Apps built for Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 7 automatically run on Windows Phone 8.1, but apps built for Windows Phone 8.1 will not run on any previous version of Windows Phone.

Not updating is not a solution, most of all not for something minor as transparent tiles. Also, people might enjoy the new features of WP8.1 and still dislike aspects of it. You however try to tell us that we should just accept everything, only because were afraid of change.

But why am I arguing, if you just accept everything without ever questioning it, then your life must be pretty awesome I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos