06-19-2014 07:21 PM
67 123
tools
    Not even able to upload a picture.....what the hellmis going on with these developers.....
    06-08-2014 08:54 AM
    I use booklet.....works fantastic, regardless whatever app on any mobile system.....Not everyone will be happy....
    06-08-2014 09:09 AM
    Not even able to upload a picture.....what the hellmis going on with these developers.....
    you must stay on that app and page, so that it will upload.... it doesn't register to background task
    06-08-2014 10:23 AM
    I tried that way itself....i.waited almost for 5mins.....
    06-08-2014 10:26 AM
    We need a quality fb app the app does not show my friends post am on wp 8.1 dp.android fb app is way better.even people hub does not show my friends post.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    06-08-2014 10:43 AM
    I'd rather they didn't personally... you don't get stupid adverts in the current version, and it doesn't have a mandatory requirement to access pretty much every function on your phone before it will let you install and run it.
    Beijendorf and androidtoWM like this.
    06-08-2014 11:28 AM
    One thing i like about the current Facebook app is that I don't have to go through ads. On an iPhone i've to scroll through an ad after every 3-5 post/card. So maybe it's worth the tradeoff :)
    06-08-2014 01:37 PM
    if it helps :) facebok app for ios has become unbareble
    06-08-2014 01:45 PM
    The Facebook app on the other ecosystems is bloated and invasive. On Android for example, it has access to all the data on your phone, all your messages, it has the ability to read your contacts and it can send texts (that cost money). And so much more. And here's what's new: the Facebook app can now listen in the background. It can plug into your microphones and listen to everything you say or do. It can also access your camera, etc, etc etc. I don't want that. I want a dysfunctional piece of crap app before I compromise my privacy just so Facebook can serve me better ads.

Meh :/
    anon5997296 likes this.
    06-08-2014 01:48 PM
    One thing i like about the current Facebook app is that I don't have to go through ads. On an iPhone i've to scroll through an ad after every 3-5 post/card. So maybe it's worth the tradeoff :)
    Just wait until they implement the autoplaying video ads...
    06-08-2014 02:08 PM
    Its not that serious. Its facebook but good luck with the partition.
    06-08-2014 04:15 PM
    Yeah I hate the Windows Phone version of Facebook too, so slow and outdated. Plus the notifications never seem to work properly for me.
    06-08-2014 04:18 PM
    I know people here hate our facebook, but the majority doesn't think so. I'm looking at my sister's iPhone and the facebook app has 2/5 stars while ours has 3/5 stars. Also, the iOS version is consistently more buggy and slower than our version, even though it lacks some features. Glass half full, people (;
    06-08-2014 04:42 PM
    I know people here hate our facebook, but the majority doesn't think so. I'm looking at my sister's iPhone and the facebook app has 2/5 stars while ours has 3/5 stars. Also, the iOS version is consistently more buggy and slower than our version, even though it lacks some features. Glass half full, people (;
    Don't forget that iOS also has Paper. Which is the best Facebook app ever. And it's official.
    NestorP likes this.
    06-08-2014 06:40 PM
    Yes please!!!!
    06-08-2014 08:17 PM
    So very true, I mostly see liked pages which is fine but it seems to be more of a 80/20 split between "likes" and friends shown on the home page. I go through the browser to see friends posts, but just don't hit the back button lol, or you start over.

We need a quality fb app the app does not show my friends post am on wp 8.1 dp.android fb app is way better.even people hub does not show my friends post.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    06-08-2014 08:22 PM
    Ugh...do we need a petition for EVERYTHING? It's super annoying to see these things every time I log on. Plus, I'd bet that this is AT WORST the third Facebook petition someone's tried to start.

How about we stop asking Facebook to come suck away our souls and personal information instead? I petition we burn their servers.
    Beijendorf likes this.
    06-08-2014 11:04 PM
    What's better in the iOS and Android apps?
    I dont have to navigate out to the web browser to read long messages? Seriously thats a crap limitation of the current app. Some "see more" messages do load in the app, but the longer ones it then punts you out to IE and the facebook web page.

Plus its clunky. Its clunky on all OS' but its clunkiest on WP.
    06-09-2014 04:26 AM
    Am signing this Petition even though I don't have a WP yet, BUT basing my experience with the Windows 8 official Metro App on my laptop.
    I am of the same opinion that the Facebook app SUCKS.
    06-09-2014 04:38 AM
    I actually don't mind that it's MS developing the FB app. What I do mind is how slow they are with the updates when compared to the Bing apps. FB is a flaship app in any mobile OS and even comes preloaded in most Android phones. They've got to get a move on with this.

Design-wise and to be fair I didn't mind the design of the old app. It was much more Metro and I'd like to see it make a comeback with updated features. Right now, the app is too restricted. As it is, I don't think it's as slow as people are making it out to be, but it does lack a lot of features that other OS users have come to take for granted.
    06-09-2014 05:12 AM
    First, like it's been said before, official apps on iOS and Android do suck as well. They are not faster and they now force you to install Facebook Messenger. WP lets you choose.

Second, I'm glad we have an app by Microsoft especially with what we know the official app does on other platforms: Read your SMS, listen to you while posting, etc. I trust Microsoft more than Facebook.

Third, the Microsoft app is completely on par with other platforms' official apps. I've been on iOS and Android and I can't complain about Microsoft's app.

I really don't understand why people want a Facebook Inc. made app.
    Beijendorf likes this.
    06-09-2014 05:25 AM
    well they should have two official apps for facebook. one from microsoft and the other one from facebook itself. many users who switched from other platforms to wp has i think the same complaint and it's facebook which sucks.
    06-09-2014 05:30 AM
    If I'm not wrong, I remember Joe's words about a massive update to Facebook app? Maybe we should start with this petition thing after that update if it's not good enough.
    06-09-2014 05:38 AM
    First, like it's been said before, official apps on iOS and Android do suck as well. They are not faster and they now force you to install Facebook Messenger. WP lets you choose.
    Yeah, but that's because Messenger is made by Facebook and the app is made by MS. Still, Messenger I very cool though a battery drain out of hell when in use.

Second, I'm glad we have an app by Microsoft especially with what we know the official app does on other platforms: Read your SMS, listen to you while posting, etc. I trust Microsoft more than Facebook.

Third, the Microsoft app is completely on par with other platforms' official apps. I've been on iOS and Android and I can't complain about Microsoft's app.
    I don't know how long ago you left the other platforms, but here are some missing features in the WP app that are present in the other platforms:

- Decent tagging of people in posts (you can tag, but not in the way you can in iOS and Android);
    - Tagging of people in comments;
    - Attaching photos or other content to comments;
    - Having to stay in the same screen while uploading content;
    - Foursquare check-ins don't show up in the feed nor timeline;
    - IG or Hipstamatic uploads don't show up in the feed, only in timeline;

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
    06-09-2014 05:43 AM
    don't forget the "feeling" status. it's not even visible in the news feed.
    06-09-2014 06:43 AM
67 123