06-19-2014 07:21 PM
67 123
tools
    Yeah, but that's because Messenger is made by Facebook and the app is made by MS. Still, Messenger I very cool though a battery drain out of hell when in use.

I don't know how long ago you left the other platforms, but here are some missing features in the WP app that are present in the other platforms:

- Decent tagging of people in posts (you can tag, but not in the way you can in iOS and Android);
    - Tagging of people in comments;
    - Attaching photos or other content to comments;
    - Having to stay in the same screen while uploading content;
    - Foursquare check-ins don't show up in the feed nor timeline;
    - IG or Hipstamatic uploads don't show up in the feed, only in timeline;

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
    Maybe I'm not a power user indeed. But I use very few of those features which is probably why I didn't think of them. But that being said I'd rather lose features and not have Facebook prying in my personal life more that it already is. The fact that they allow themselves into a user' SMS and microphone is pretty bad in itself. Everytime I hear a new stunt Facebook is pulling through its official app, I'm thankful that I'm on WP and that my Facebook app is made by Microsoft.
    06-09-2014 07:02 AM
    Not sure I understand. Open facebook, scroll through messages / pictures people post. Respond (if you fell the need), post a message, etc. What else is there for an app to need?

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk
    Beijendorf likes this.
    06-09-2014 07:13 AM
    Maybe I'm not a power user indeed. But I use very few of those features which is probably why I didn't think of them. But that being said I'd rather lose features and not have Facebook prying in my personal life more that it already is. The fact that they allow themselves into a user' SMS and microphone is pretty bad in itself. Everytime I hear a new stunt Facebook is pulling through its official app, I'm thankful that I'm on WP and that my Facebook app is made by Microsoft.
    That's why I said earlier that I don't mind having MS developing the app. What I do mind is the time they take to update the app and to introduce new features.
    dlalonde likes this.
    06-09-2014 08:53 AM
    Who does the iOS version? The WP version is much better. I'd rather have Microsoft make the app if the iOS version is what Facebook themselves release. The iOS version is confusing to navigate.
    06-09-2014 09:04 AM
    Not sure I understand. Open facebook, scroll through messages / pictures people post. Respond (if you fell the need), post a message, etc. What else is there for an app to need?
    Pffft, you casual! I want a Facebook app that wiretaps my conversations, scans all my texts, contacts, pictures and data to send away to their advertisement networks so they can make as much money as possible on my life and in extension psychologically manipulating me.

Why don't you want that..?
    06-09-2014 11:15 AM
    Pffft, you casual! I want a Facebook app that wiretaps my conversations, scans all my texts, contacts, pictures and data to send away to their advertisement networks so they can make as much money as possible on my life and in extension psychologically manipulating me.

Why don't you want that..?
    You should start a petition for the NSA edition of Facebook ;) oh wait it already exists as the android app lol
    Beijendorf likes this.
    06-09-2014 11:29 AM
    I am having issues with the Facebook app. WP 8.1 and have a L920. It has not crashed on me since the last FB app update but the News Feed is never correct. Shows a few new stories and then goes back to stories that are 20 hours old. I am constantly having to switch back and forth between Top Stories and Most Recent. And it is currently the only app that is draining my battery really bad. Much worse than before. Using FB Beta currently but the main app was also giving me these issues. They both suck!

Really hope the rumored Facebook Blue update to be coming in June gets here soon!!!
    Hero Calibo likes this.
    06-09-2014 11:53 AM
    First, like it's been said before, official apps on iOS and Android do suck as well. They are not faster and they now force you to install Facebook Messenger. WP lets you choose.

Nope i disagree. We also have an iPad and the FB experience there is great. Reading from this forums, it sucks on WP and on my experience it sucks on my Metro/Win 8.1 laptop.
    06-10-2014 05:14 AM
    I probably use FB too much but it is a pretty poor app.
    Can't post or see photos in the middle of threads.
    Often can't post photos to groups at all.
    Can't share posts from my feed to closed groups.
    Takes an age to load up photos, even on a fast connection.
    Have to go to the browser to read long posts.
    On the upside it is clean and clear interface. The desktop version has so much wasted real estate and ads.
    06-10-2014 05:54 AM
    Nope i disagree. We also have an iPad and the FB experience there is great. Reading from this forums, it sucks on WP and on my experience it sucks on my Metro/Win 8.1 laptop.
    Maybe on iPad but I was comparing iPhones, Android Phones and Windows Phones. ;)
    06-11-2014 11:11 AM
    Well the new Facebook Beta app is a vast improvement in terms of design and performance, so as long as Microsoft keep improving this one I don't mind that it's not official.
    06-18-2014 10:22 AM
    Well the new Facebook Beta app is a vast improvement in terms of design and performance, so as long as Microsoft keep improving this one I don't mind that it's not official.
    And still no ads being forced down your throats... autoplaying video adverts would happily chew through your data without your permission.
    06-18-2014 10:27 AM
    I am having issues with the Facebook app. WP 8.1 and have a L920. It has not crashed on me since the last FB app update but the News Feed is never correct. Shows a few new stories and then goes back to stories that are 20 hours old. I am constantly having to switch back and forth between Top Stories and Most Recent. And it is currently the only app that is draining my battery really bad. Much worse than before. Using FB Beta currently but the main app was also giving me these issues. They both suck!

Really hope the rumored Facebook Blue update to be coming in June gets here soon!!!
    You get the Top Stories/Most Recent problem on the desktop version too.
    06-18-2014 10:28 AM
    You guys really want the kind of support we see on Instagram?!

I don't think you really understand what you're asking for.
    06-18-2014 10:35 AM
    % Facebook.
    06-18-2014 12:32 PM
    i just log in to facebook.com and pin it. or just use m.facebook.com - better than all these apps
    Beijendorf likes this.
    06-19-2014 04:46 PM
    You guys really want the kind of support we see on Instagram?!

I don't think you really understand what you're asking for.
    In regards to that, I'm thinking (read: hoping) that they're waiting for the definitive release of 8.1 in order to update the app with video uploading. But I'm not holding my breath.

Still, Facebook is doing a solid job with Messenger (though it's a battery drain mongrel when in use). I stand by what I said though, that I don't mind seeing MS developing the FB app. Specially after what I'm seeing with the new Beta.
    06-19-2014 07:21 PM
67 123