Petition to have OFFICIAL FACEBOOK from Facebook Inc (Not Microsoft's) on Windows Phone!

angeredsmile

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
So very true, I mostly see liked pages which is fine but it seems to be more of a 80/20 split between "likes" and friends shown on the home page. I go through the browser to see friends posts, but just don't hit the back button lol, or you start over.

We need a quality fb app the app does not show my friends post am on wp 8.1 dp.android fb app is way better.even people hub does not show my friends post.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ugh...do we need a petition for EVERYTHING? It's super annoying to see these things every time I log on. Plus, I'd bet that this is AT WORST the third Facebook petition someone's tried to start.

How about we stop asking Facebook to come suck away our souls and personal information instead? I petition we burn their servers.

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
What's better in the iOS and Android apps?
I dont have to navigate out to the web browser to read long messages? Seriously thats a crap limitation of the current app. Some "see more" messages do load in the app, but the longer ones it then punts you out to IE and the facebook web page.

Plus its clunky. Its clunky on all OS' but its clunkiest on WP.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Am signing this Petition even though I don't have a WP yet, BUT basing my experience with the Windows 8 official Metro App on my laptop.
I am of the same opinion that the Facebook app SUCKS.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually don't mind that it's MS developing the FB app. What I do mind is how slow they are with the updates when compared to the Bing apps. FB is a flaship app in any mobile OS and even comes preloaded in most Android phones. They've got to get a move on with this.

Design-wise and to be fair I didn't mind the design of the old app. It was much more Metro and I'd like to see it make a comeback with updated features. Right now, the app is too restricted. As it is, I don't think it's as slow as people are making it out to be, but it does lack a lot of features that other OS users have come to take for granted.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
First, like it's been said before, official apps on iOS and Android do suck as well. They are not faster and they now force you to install Facebook Messenger. WP lets you choose.

Second, I'm glad we have an app by Microsoft especially with what we know the official app does on other platforms: Read your SMS, listen to you while posting, etc. I trust Microsoft more than Facebook.

Third, the Microsoft app is completely on par with other platforms' official apps. I've been on iOS and Android and I can't complain about Microsoft's app.

I really don't understand why people want a Facebook Inc. made app.

Hero Calibo

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
well they should have two official apps for facebook. one from microsoft and the other one from facebook itself. many users who switched from other platforms to wp has i think the same complaint and it's facebook which sucks.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not wrong, I remember Joe's words about a massive update to Facebook app? Maybe we should start with this petition thing after that update if it's not good enough.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
First, like it's been said before, official apps on iOS and Android do suck as well. They are not faster and they now force you to install Facebook Messenger. WP lets you choose.

Yeah, but that's because Messenger is made by Facebook and the app is made by MS. Still, Messenger I very cool though a battery drain out of hell when in use.

Second, I'm glad we have an app by Microsoft especially with what we know the official app does on other platforms: Read your SMS, listen to you while posting, etc. I trust Microsoft more than Facebook.

Third, the Microsoft app is completely on par with other platforms' official apps. I've been on iOS and Android and I can't complain about Microsoft's app.

I don't know how long ago you left the other platforms, but here are some missing features in the WP app that are present in the other platforms:

- Decent tagging of people in posts (you can tag, but not in the way you can in iOS and Android);
- Tagging of people in comments;
- Attaching photos or other content to comments;
- Having to stay in the same screen while uploading content;
- Foursquare check-ins don't show up in the feed nor timeline;
- IG or Hipstamatic uploads don't show up in the feed, only in timeline;

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but that's because Messenger is made by Facebook and the app is made by MS. Still, Messenger I very cool though a battery drain out of hell when in use.

I don't know how long ago you left the other platforms, but here are some missing features in the WP app that are present in the other platforms:

- Decent tagging of people in posts (you can tag, but not in the way you can in iOS and Android);
- Tagging of people in comments;
- Attaching photos or other content to comments;
- Having to stay in the same screen while uploading content;
- Foursquare check-ins don't show up in the feed nor timeline;
- IG or Hipstamatic uploads don't show up in the feed, only in timeline;

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Maybe I'm not a power user indeed. But I use very few of those features which is probably why I didn't think of them. But that being said I'd rather lose features and not have Facebook prying in my personal life more that it already is. The fact that they allow themselves into a user' SMS and microphone is pretty bad in itself. Everytime I hear a new stunt Facebook is pulling through its official app, I'm thankful that I'm on WP and that my Facebook app is made by Microsoft.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Not sure I understand. Open facebook, scroll through messages / pictures people post. Respond (if you fell the need), post a message, etc. What else is there for an app to need?

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'm not a power user indeed. But I use very few of those features which is probably why I didn't think of them. But that being said I'd rather lose features and not have Facebook prying in my personal life more that it already is. The fact that they allow themselves into a user' SMS and microphone is pretty bad in itself. Everytime I hear a new stunt Facebook is pulling through its official app, I'm thankful that I'm on WP and that my Facebook app is made by Microsoft.

That's why I said earlier that I don't mind having MS developing the app. What I do mind is the time they take to update the app and to introduce new features.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Who does the iOS version? The WP version is much better. I'd rather have Microsoft make the app if the iOS version is what Facebook themselves release. The iOS version is confusing to navigate.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I understand. Open facebook, scroll through messages / pictures people post. Respond (if you fell the need), post a message, etc. What else is there for an app to need?

Pffft, you casual! I want a Facebook app that wiretaps my conversations, scans all my texts, contacts, pictures and data to send away to their advertisement networks so they can make as much money as possible on my life and in extension psychologically manipulating me.

Why don't you want that..?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Pffft, you casual! I want a Facebook app that wiretaps my conversations, scans all my texts, contacts, pictures and data to send away to their advertisement networks so they can make as much money as possible on my life and in extension psychologically manipulating me.

Why don't you want that..?

You should start a petition for the NSA edition of Facebook ;) oh wait it already exists as the android app lol

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am having issues with the Facebook app. WP 8.1 and have a L920. It has not crashed on me since the last FB app update but the News Feed is never correct. Shows a few new stories and then goes back to stories that are 20 hours old. I am constantly having to switch back and forth between Top Stories and Most Recent. And it is currently the only app that is draining my battery really bad. Much worse than before. Using FB Beta currently but the main app was also giving me these issues. They both suck!

Really hope the rumored Facebook Blue update to be coming in June gets here soon!!! :eck:

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Nope i disagree. We also have an iPad and the FB experience there is great. Reading from this forums, it sucks on WP and on my experience it sucks on my Metro/Win 8.1 laptop.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I probably use FB too much but it is a pretty poor app.
Can't post or see photos in the middle of threads.
Often can't post photos to groups at all.
Can't share posts from my feed to closed groups.
Takes an age to load up photos, even on a fast connection.
Have to go to the browser to read long posts.
On the upside it is clean and clear interface. The desktop version has so much wasted real estate and ads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro