06-19-2014 07:21 PM
67 123
tools
    all windows phone users know how facebook sucks bigtime. i've seen ios and android version, and how i wish it will be on windows phone platform too. if you agree with me, comment on this thread to make it always visible and let Microsoft know to just let have Facebook Inc. transport the facebook app from ios and android into our platform. anyone?
    arvinxi, palvajk, rdubmu and 9 others like this.
    06-07-2014 09:40 PM
    What's better in the iOS and Android apps?
    06-07-2014 09:45 PM
    I know, Facebook is soooooo slow in WP. Also we don't have the new UI there is for iOS and Android.
    Chee Hong and osoalex like this.
    06-07-2014 09:49 PM
    I don't think posting here would make any diff as Microsoft has a solution where users can suggest things....and it is acknowledged my Microsoft here it is Check out "Suggestion Box " for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...0-aeed254f3d42
    06-07-2014 09:50 PM
    everything. from the news feed...to the uploading a pic. like everything!
    06-07-2014 09:57 PM
    yes, the new UI for ios and android is gorgeous. honestly i think it's UI is minimalistic just like the windows phone platform itself.
    06-07-2014 09:58 PM
    yes, the new UI for ios and android is gorgeous. honestly i think it's UI is minimalistic just like the windows phone platform itself.
    U r obviously correct Mr. Hero I can support you for this matter ! Not only me whole WP users hate this Facebook app from Microsoft ! If you are a developer pls do something!
    Hero Calibo likes this.
    06-07-2014 10:13 PM
    The Facebook app for IOS & Android are really awesome ๐Ÿ™†
    06-07-2014 10:14 PM
    In WP Facebook app there are no feeling status , uploading issues , no any page controls , seems really slower!
    Hero Calibo likes this.
    06-07-2014 10:16 PM
    Well facebook used to have its unique metro style ui and ppl cried wanting it to be juat like IOS/Android wich **** me off i chose wp because i want something damn different now i want a new better UI but definitly metro and not like IOS/Android
    06-07-2014 10:19 PM
    Well facebook used to have its unique metro style ui and ppl cried wanting it to be juat like IOS/Android wich **** me off i chose wp because i want something damn different now i want a new better UI but definitly metro and not like IOS/Android
    Try black berry ๐Ÿ“
    tryfe likes this.
    06-07-2014 10:20 PM
    if microsoft just let facebook handle the app itself. maybe they could save their time and effort and focus on other things.
    06-07-2014 10:44 PM
    I have no issues with Microsoft handling facebook conjointly with the facebook team. I think the combined effort has made a great app. I prefer everything about it over the android and IOS versions and it doesn't lag for me on my 925 which makes me very happy.
    06-07-2014 11:40 PM
    What's better in the iOS and Android apps?
    Pages support. I can't use my Lumia 1020 at work to manage and keep our page updated. Desperately need better Pages support or the Pages manager app.
    06-07-2014 11:56 PM
    I don`t use facebook all that much but let me just say that it would be much better to start a thread on WP uservoice in the apps section and try to get the votes.

Feature Suggestions: Applications (6480 ideas) โ€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Not sure it will help though because FB doesn`t seem all that interested bcoz of the small market share.I agree that it is barebones compared to other platform apps,had installed it once before deleting it soon after.The only good thing is it isn`t as laggy as those other platform apps
    06-08-2014 01:16 AM
    Just a reminder that online petitions never work. Obviously Windows Phone is not a big enough market for Facebook to care.
    AndrewL920 and iamtim like this.
    06-08-2014 04:35 AM
    thanks for the link...
    06-08-2014 06:34 AM
    The Facebook app on the other ecosystems is bloated and invasive. On Android for example, it has access to all the data on your phone, all your messages, it has the ability to read your contacts and it can send texts (that cost money). And so much more. And here's what's new: the Facebook app can now listen in the background. It can plug into your microphones and listen to everything you say or do. It can also access your camera, etc, etc etc. I don't want that. I want a dysfunctional piece of crap app before I compromise my privacy just so Facebook can serve me better ads.

06-08-2014 07:03 AM
    I agree when checking for notification... Takes for ever this had to load then that loads than you can get to your notification!
    06-08-2014 07:17 AM
    Out of curiousity I checked out the Apple store to see the new layout for IOS.

Agree it looks much cleaner. However!!!! if you read the reviews things do not look so rosy in Apple Facebook land.
    06-08-2014 07:19 AM
    I finally found a FB app that works for me except for the lousy tile. There is no wide tile or flip tile. And that is JDB for Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States). I moderate a couple pages and with all the others (exceptExplorer for Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) I get an error when I go to add user. I like the UI on JDB better than Explorer4FB, so I use the JDB only now....
    06-08-2014 08:06 AM
    I would love it to be like the IOS and android app. Maybe the fact that facebook made the messenger app means they could be working on a facebook app. We can only hope.
    06-08-2014 08:28 AM
    Use FBs mobile web site. I find it pretty good. I just installed the Android FB app made by FB so I can compare security permissions against the FB app made by BlackBerry. The Android app requires security permissions to the microphone, camera, phone among others. The app for bb10 doesn't require that. More importantly, the Android app doesn't allow me to turn specific permissions off. So, the question is, do you really want Facebook making the FB app for WP? I wouldn't.

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30
    06-08-2014 08:30 AM
    The Facebook app on the other ecosystems is bloated and invasive. On Android for example, it has access to all the data on your phone, all your messages, it has the ability to read your contacts and it can send texts (that cost money). And so much more. And here's what's new: the Facebook app can now listen in the background. It can plug into your microphones and listen to everything you say or do. It can also access your camera, etc, etc etc. I don't want that. I want a dysfunctional piece of crap app before I compromise my privacy just so Facebook can serve me better ads.

No one understands this and will just say who cares :/ this is very true tho
    06-08-2014 08:34 AM
    people... stop sending email to microsoft told them to create facebook app from facebook inc not microsoft, but send email to facebook inc...
    06-08-2014 08:48 AM
67 123