Camera launches on its own

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you give us more details? is the phone in your pocket, or is it sitting on a table?
Do you see it happening, etc.?

My first thought would be the camera button.

EDIT: Now that I have some more time to elaborate, there's a setting under settings > applications > photos+camera where it enables you to press and hold the camera button to wake up the phone.
If the box below that is unchecked, it means the phone will not check to see if something is blocking the proximity sensor. I leave it unchecked because I prefer the speed and I don't pocket press the button. But it may be the cause.

Last edited:

TonyF64

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my 1520. Sometimes when it is in my hand and I know I'm not hitting the camera button. I have to keep it in a locker at work. One day I came back to it at the end of the day and the camera was on and the battery was almost drained. There was no way for the button to be pushed.

Fred Osei

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Would just like to add that i have encountered this as well. Thought I'd pressed the camera button. It can randomly occur whilst doing something else! Using Lumia 1520

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me constantly. I'll be in the middle of doing something and the camera app will just launch. Happens pretty frequently, actually. I am also on a 1520, running 8.1.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I was not even touching my phone today and the camera launched on its own. Definitely something introduced with the 8.1 developer preview........

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Happened a couple of times to my 1520 as well.

Have to see if it happens again with the latest Lumia Camera app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss