Am I the only one with Xbox Music with no background artist showing?

Hero Calibo

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
i got the latest update for xbox music (wp8.1) but i noticed that mine doesn't have background artists showing. just pure black. is there any way i can get the artist pictures back from wp8 music hub?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Me too, no artist background.
Note: I couldn't fix it because Xbox music service isn't available in Saudi Arabia

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
There is no way to get them back, yet. They only show up on the lockscreen. You could try this though:

1. Swipe over to "find music" section
2. Search for the artist you need
3. Play any song from the store. This will take you to "now playing", and will play a 30 second preview of the song.
4. From the "now playing" menu go to the "3 dots" menu and select "add to".
5. Then select "collection".
*6. Then go to your collection, browse to that artist and open it. Your back ground SHOULD show up here if it didn't show up after step 5.
**7. Play a song from your collection, which then takes you to the "now playing" menu, and now a background should show up if it didn't after step6.

Repeat these steps for each artist. Inconvenient, but the only way.

*6 & 7 usually isn't necessary, but sometimes you need to do them. XBM works in weird ways!!

Edit: You DO need an XBM pass. If it's not available in your region, just go to xbox music and change your region to US. Worked for me. I'm also from a non-supported zone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes