Cortana gathering info in UK

garyrday

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was just checking my data sense usage today and notice a new entry "Cortana: Info gathering"

wp_ss_20140611_0001.jpg

Could this signal the imminent release of Cortana in the UK?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Entirelty possible... I've set my phone back to all UK (thus losing Cortana), and have just checked my Data Sense and found the same entry. So it's entirely possible.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Can't see anything like that on mine. Are your regional and language settings set to UK or US? Mine are all set to UK.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It's strange.. in theory, if Cortana is switched off (the settings page confirms this - I dug it up by using search for cortana and swiped across to Phone), then there should be no entries at all.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It's strange.. in theory, if Cortana is switched off (the settings page confirms this - I dug it up by using search for cortana and swiped across to Phone), then there should be no entries at all.

Did you switch your region back to UK before your Data Sense renewed itself, or is it still ongoing and including your Cortana activity from earlier?

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset yesterday with everything set to UK beforehand.

Interesting. Talderon, who works on Cortana, said she'll be coming to the UK sooner than we think, and to keep a close eye over the coming weeks, suggesting less than a month to go. It'd be nice to hear from someone who isn't in the US or UK, though, to see if Cortana is doing the same thing there.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Will have to be someone from China I think as I believe they are slated to get her around the same time as us. Hopefully sooner rather than later though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99