Exchange ActiveSync - Fastest push option is now 15 minutes?

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering why my emails weren't coming through immediately. The "as items arrive" option has disappeared altogether. Has this happened to anyone else?

I tried deleting the account and re-adding it, the options are the same:

15 minutes
30 minutes
manually

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
What kind of email account? I have both an outlook.com account and a work Exchange account that both have the 'as items arrive' options just fine. Using Lumia 920 (AT&T) with Dev Preview 8.1.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering why my emails weren't coming through immediately. The "as items arrive" option has disappeared altogether. Has this happened to anyone else?

I tried deleting the account and re-adding it, the options are the same:

15 minutes
30 minutes
manually

If it is an actual Exchange account the system admin has the option to control this setting from the Exchange EAS server.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
If it is an actual Exchange account the system admin has the option to control this setting from the Exchange EAS server.

Yes, it is a "as real as they get" corporate Exchange account. The reason I question it not being a server-side restriction, I tried setting it up via the "advanced setup" option, and the same screen where I specify the server name is where the push email drop down is also located.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to provide some feedback for anyone else who might encounter this problem.

Earlier today, I did a hard reset and initiated a restore-from-backup. When prompted for email account passwords, I only entered one for the corporate exchange account and left the others. Once the initial sync was complete, I went in and found the "as item arrives" there again, and happily switched to it.

However, after going back and filling in the passowrds for all other 8 or so email accounts I have, I discovered that one of my GMail accounts did not have the "as item arrives" while 3 of my other GMail accounts did! I deleted the offending GMail account then re-added it. Didn't do anything.

THEN, I deleted the offending GMail (call it "account A") account AND one more GMail account (call it "account B"), where the "as item arrives" option was present.

I soft-reset the phone, re-added the "account A" GMail account first and lo-and-behold, the "as item arrives" option was back. HOWEVER, "account B" which originally had the option, no longer did when I re-added it next.

This leads me to believe that there is a limit to the number of email accounts that can be set to "as item arrives." I'm thinking it's the first 5 that try to adjust the frequency of email synchronizations.

So that's my story. Hope it helps someone else :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs