US Carriers Will Screw The Nokia McLaren in the US.

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
As we've seen with the Icon/930, 1520, and 1020 in the past, the McLaren in all likelihood is going to be a dreaded carrier exclusive in the US. My money is on AT&T as they've supported WP the most and are due for another flagship after the Icon and ATIV SE went to VZW.
The McLaren has all the right specs to siphon some potential Galaxy S5 & iPhone 6 buyers. Having it on one carrier will ruin this mark my words. Microsoft is big and influential enough to negotiate this phone on to all major US carriers, if they don't then forget about WP ever gaining a credible foothold in US market share. MSFT needs to pay up and get the McLaren inside every Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile retail store across the US. Then run an advertising blitz for the Nokia McLaren and WP. There's millions of dissatisfied Android and iOS users to lure away. I just think there's more people in the US who have no idea what WP is than anyone realizes. Maybe 2 total people at my college knew my Icon wasn't an Android phone. The advertising for Windows Phone in the US has been an utter joke That needs to change

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It's already been reported (from rather reliable sources) that McLaren will be released on 3 carriers, simultaneously (AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile). Expect this next flagship to show up around mid-November, this year, in time for the holiday blitz.

Question will be, as always, pricing ... and will it come with a usable version of 3D touch (the next big thing). Secondary concern will be onboard storage (or an sdCard slot). A 16gb device w NO sdCard will hamper uptake - OTOH a 16gb (or 32gb) w sdCard slot, Quad core Snapdragon 805 (octacore, nahhh), wireless charging (built in) & 5.2" QHD display ... Now we're talking, it will include WinPhone 8.1 GDR1. :cool::shocked::love::cool:

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
It's already been reported (from rather reliable sources) that McLaren will be released on 3 carriers, simultaneously (AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile). Expect this next flagship to show up around mid-November, this year, in time for the holiday blitz.

Question will be, as always, pricing ... and will it come with a usable version of 3D touch (the next big thing). Secondary concern will be onboard storage (or an sdCard slot). A 16gb device w NO sdCard will hamper uptake - OTOH a 16gb (or 32gb) w sdCard slot, Quad core Snapdragon 805 (octacore, nahhh), wireless charging (built in) & 5.2" QHD display ... Now we're talking, it will include WinPhone 8.1 GDR1. :cool::shocked::love::cool:
If this is true then this is good news!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05