Cannot Open Applications after Update......

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey. Yesterday I updated the win 8.1 and the current version is 8.10.12397.895. After the update I am not able to open any application that i downloaded from the windows store. On clicking the applications it displays "Application cant be opened. An app update may be available in the store" . So much for even extras+info cannot be opened after the update..

The Device I use is Lumia 520 and I frm India.
:unhappysweat:
How to go about this??? Anyone faced similar issue

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey. Yesterday I updated the win 8.1 and the current version is 8.10.12397.895. After the update I am not able to open any application that i downloaded from the windows store. On clicking the applications it displays "Application cant be opened. An app update may be available in the store" . So much for even extras+info cannot be opened after the update..

The Device I use is Lumia 520 and I frm India.
:unhappysweat:
How to go about this??? Anyone faced similar issue

I too have the same issues with some of the applications on my L620 in India( Not all the apps). Soft reset didnt work either.

Any one have the same issue? any solutions?( or only uninstall and re-install them works)

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I too have the same issues with some of the applications on my L620 in India( Not all the apps). Soft reset didnt work either.

Any one have the same issue? any solutions?( or only uninstall and re-install them works)

I had to Hard reset, and the back up didnt work. I had to start from the scratch.. Again download all the applications. Seriously, Has MS thought its users to be its testing team?????

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I had to Hard reset, and the back up didnt work. I had to start from the scratch.. Again download all the applications. Seriously, Has MS thought its users to be its testing team?????
To be honest yes MS released the Dev Preview so that people could report bugs and they could fix it before the official release OTA goes out. Trust me how ever much testing MS does at its end, a live scenario is totally different. There are many conditions and cases in a real life environment that cannot be tested by MS alone which is why they need our help.

I don't mean to get you agitated but whatever I have spoke is a fact. Also MS warns everyone before installed the dev preview to do it at their own risk. :smile:

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
True! I understand. Being a part of the test team. Its jst that when even the backup failed to set my device to last backdup data, i had really lost ma cool! Ill make sure that the next update I install is the official 8.1 :p ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers