Russian roulette

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It is interesting that this developers preview version along with its small updates generates different hardware reactions. Some devices get hotter, some faster, some laggy, touch is improved, or not, battery gets better or poorer life etc. And this doesn't depends on phone model but it seems that is all about luck and chance. My guess is that apps don't have a proper WP 8.1 integration and maybe after a firmware update we will have consistent reactions.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
It is interesting that this developers preview version along with its small updates generates different hardware reactions. Some devices get hotter, some faster, some laggy, touch is improved, or not, battery gets better or poorer life etc. And this doesn't depends on phone model but it seems that is all about luck and chance. My guess is that apps don't have a proper WP 8.1 integration and maybe after a firmware update we will have consistent reactions.

I think it is going to be a headaches even after a firmware comes out

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have 5 phones all on 8.1 and they none of them have any problems. All have better battery with the 1020 being the most improved.

I was able to create most of the problems with one of my 925s by installing 8.1 without hard resetting or by hard resetting and then restoring from a backup. I then restored the phone back to 8.0 and then back to 8.1 and hard reset and set the phone up as new and like the rest of the phones it has no problems.

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I also hard reseted and decided to install all from scratch and not using any backups. At the moment all works well except one thing: when returning to start screen contact pictures and sometimes the rest of the tiles are displayed with delay. This never ever happened in 8.0.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I think your metaphor is overstated 8.1 is not a loaded gun that will kill you or blow up in your face it's more like a game of craps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes