12397.895 Update and Bing/Cortana Image Search: Broken?

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I have an Icon and a 925 both on the latest DP update, when searching and going to images, most of them don't load when tapped, and when you scroll down most of them don't preview just a little page icon in the upper left corner.

I was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if its just the phones. (If your going to try to reproduce, try multiple pictures and scroll down, in some cases I tapped an image, and completely different image loaded)

Located in the USA.

Thanks!

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the latest update on my 1520. The search in general has been really slow and when it finally loads and I go to images there are about half of the thumbnail previews that don't load and even more don't show up when you enlarge them. It's really aggravating so I may have to try a hard reset.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Same behavior on both phones. Gonna try a hard reset on the Icon if it helps then the 925 as well, that one has never been hard reset since over a year ago.

podj35

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem for a few weeks now on my Lumia 820. Images take an appreciable time to load, thumbs wont load at all, images come up that weren't the image I tapped on. Every time there's an update, my hopes get raised that this will be fixed... but no luck so far. In the meantime, I've abandoned Bing Image altogether, and just use an app to search photos (Das Image, it's not bad). My brother has the same problem on his Lumia as well. Hoping this gets resolved soon!

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Have two more employees at the office 928 and another 925 same issue with the latest update. Can't say if I had this problem before or after the latest update.

Someone e-mail Joe!

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem since 8.1 dev preview was released. I plan on sending a tweet message to Joe about this, hoping it'll get cleared up soon since it should just be a server push.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset on Icon did nothing, same behavior. Didn't even sign into my MS account to make sure it wasn't cloud data related. Then signed in, didn't restore, same behavior. Then finally restored and still same thing.

Guess this might be a something outside of our control. Going to bing.com in IE then searching images works fine just not from the search button... Strange :(

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they fixed whatever was causing this on the server because images aren't leaving empty boxes and are usually pulling up their respective images now when choosing them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre