Not Receiving Notifications

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
HTC 8X with 8.1 on EE UK

Getting pretty sick of this, I no longer receive notifications for 6snap, and very rarely for Facebook; and even then its just an updated live tile with a number, not an actual "notification".
For some reason Facebook, Twitter and the people hub frequently wont refresh and display: "trouble getting data".
I also have issues where I sometimes wont receive text messages or phone calls for hours on end, even though the cellular connection is displaying everything as normal.

I don't know if this is an issue with 8.1, the specific apps, my phone or my carrier... But I'm seriously considering throwing all this away and getting an iPhone. I'm a big fan of WP and have never had an iPhone but it may be time to follow the crowd and get a device that "just works". For all my issues with apple, IOS and iPhones and my desire to stay with the Microsoft eco system and not become another isheep, at the end of the day I want to contact people using my phone and If I cant do that then what's the point.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Definitely not that, I go between home and work so am pretty much always connected to Wi-Fi, and I never reach my calls and texts limit.
I have my settings all correct to receive the notifications as well, they just wont come through.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99