windows phone 8.1 notifications centre

vishnuram velusamy

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone notification centre in windows 8.1 is a waste feature, because every notification is already showing in the live tile itself. It will be better if we get every app notifications shown on the lock screen itself, instead of selecting which app to show notification in lock screen. I would appreciate if Microsoft make changes.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone notification centre in windows 8.1 is a waste feature, because every notification is already showing in the live tile itself. It will be better if we get every app notifications shown on the lock screen itself, instead of selecting which app to show notification in lock screen. I would appreciate if Microsoft make changes.

Yeah, but in Live Tile you'll have to wait to see the notifications and don't show every one.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Not everyone puts their apps on the start screen. Some live tiles only update every 30min. The notification centre can be accessed from anywhere in the so but you have to press the windows key to go to the start screen. If you want to use the live tiles only then do that but don't say that the notification centre is a waste feature just because YOU don't like it.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Not this crap again :straight:

Really, I don't have the 900+ apps I have pinned to the Start Screen so how do you propose I get notifications from those apps then?

Every app notification on the lock screen, you have to be kidding about that. The Action Centre is a much better option IMHO as it catches all my app notifications, even from those pinned to the start screen. I bet you aren't even running the DP so I wouldn't expect you to know how much the Action Centre is helpful!!!!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You have 900+ Apps o_O? I have around 60 installed.....

I have a 32GB SD Card as well as the 16GB built in, I have over exaggerated on the number but the point is that I can't pin every app to the start screen.

Last edited:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
there's no such thing as a 'waste' feature. if you don't like it, then don't use it and leave it that way for others to appreciate.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I love the notification center personally. I think it works great and has been the answer to one of the things that bothered me about WP.

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
You can swipe away notifications from single apps at a time but not individual notifications from the same app. Ie if you get 10 whatsapp messages and you try to swipe one away, all of them will go.

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
IMHO the notification center is the most useful feature Microsoft has ever decided to implement in WP. I find myself using it far more than Cortana. It's a w quickest way to get a glimpse of an email or a message, etc. without having to go back to the start screen.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Not me anytime I try to swipe away a single notification from 1 app they are all cleared

That's odd behavior... Single app notifications swipe clears (or clearing a single app notify) are definitely part of the notification center... maybe the notification you swiped is near the top where the "X clear all" is, and you hit that one? Curious....

~ScottGeek.

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I love the notification panel and use it unfortunately more than Cortana but I can't clear a single notification from an app without clearing them all, maybe its a 🐛 🐜😁

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon