Hey everyone,

Is anyone else having integration problems with FB Beta?

When I install it on my HTC 8S w.PD 8.1 it does not recognise it. ie- It wont won't send my FB feed to the People Hub.

When I click on a FB message in the People Hub (after FB Beta is already installed) it tells me I need to have the FB app and launches me to the Store where it wants to download the original, non-beta FB app. FB Beta works as a stand alone app fine, just no notifications or integration..

Makes it kinda useless for me...

Any thoughts? Are you getting the same thing?
    06-25-2014 05:48 AM
    Go into the app itself and then settings. Make sure the connect to phone option is turned on.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-25-2014 05:57 AM
    Also, click on sync now when you do what David said. That should do the job.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-25-2014 06:05 AM
    Also, click on sync now when you do what David said. That should do the job.
    Thanks but I did all of that. The app asks I you want to connect with the phone when first installed and i said yes. Syncd too. Also uninstalled and reinstalled. But same.

I will give it one more go.
    06-25-2014 08:21 AM
    You need to install Facebook app first. I faced the same issue when I uninstalled Facebook app and just kept Facebook Beta. So, what I did was to install the official Facebook app again.
    Now, I have both Facebook and Facebook Beta. After syncing from both app, you would find both apps listed in People hub. You need to tap on the "Showing <Facebook, Facebook Beta > then and "Uncheck" the official app (Facebook) from fetching the feeds and you are done! Your People hub will show feeds from Facebook Beta app then :-)
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-25-2014 10:04 AM
    You need to install Facebook app first. I faced the same issue when I uninstalled Facebook app and just kept Facebook Beta. So, what I did was to install the official Facebook app again.
    Now, I have both Facebook and Facebook Beta. After syncing from both app, you would find both apps listed in People hub. You need to tap on the "Showing <Facebook, Facebook Beta > then and "Uncheck" the official app (Facebook) from fetching the feeds and you are done! Your People hub will show feeds from Facebook Beta app then :-)
    Thanks. I may try that.

I may just ditch the whole FB Beta idea then, If this is the way I have to do it its a big waste of phone resources. I;ll wait until its perfected.

Thanks though...
    06-25-2014 11:16 AM
    I'm only running the beta version and it's working fine. Had to sync it a couple of times though before it said sync successful.

Also if you haven't already, make sure "hide contacts without phone numbers" is turned off. With that on, any FB contacts without a phone number visible will be hidden.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-25-2014 11:18 AM
    I ran into this same issue. Had to make sure the app was set to link to phone, then I had to do the "Sync Now" option. Also, I ended up having to reconnect nearly all of my contacts. Not fun.
    06-25-2014 12:03 PM
    All is well. I got it to work...yeah!
    ramyZgHR and David P2 like this.
    06-26-2014 04:00 AM
    Same issue with me too... Fb beta app not syncing with people hub and calendar... I've tried syncing the app many times... But no use.. People hub shows the fb beta account only if I open each contact in fb beta app. Same is the case with calendar also, if open the specific events in fb beta app, it will show in the phone calendar app... What to do???
    Now Skype account also, same issue, can any one help???
    06-27-2014 01:52 PM