What is "Living image?"

moverton

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
re: What is "Living image"?

I believe once the Cyan Update is released, it will allow the camera to capture a few seconds of motion when you take a photo. When you are browsing the camera roll, these photos will come alive with that motion. It makes me think of the newspapers from the Harry Potter series. :)

moverton

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Not really. Smart sequence offers a few different options when taking a photo. Like removing moving objects, changing faces (in case someone blinks), motion blur, etc.

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I think the beta app just checks if you got cyan and hides the options if you have not. They just didn't think of the reset to defaults button. That's my theory

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm wrong, but it appears to take the live image first and THEN the still image. It seems like I've had more blurry stills since Living Images was added, cause you have to hold the phone steady for like 2 seconds now.

I see zero use for this, can't wait to toggle it off.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is "Living image"?

I believe once the Cyan Update is released, it will allow the camera to capture a few seconds of motion when you take a photo. When you are browsing the camera roll, these photos will come alive with that motion. It makes me think of the newspapers from the Harry Potter series. :)

Damn, I was hoping it would allow me to steal souls.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What is "Living image"?

In addition to the Photo you are taking it also adds two thumbnails for sharing/viewing at lower resolution. This extra processing slows response time...

Those running the Beta should look in their file folders next time they plug into their PC.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro