Lumia 720 getting hanged

Soumya Patra

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Getting hanged every alternate day(twice today). Soft resetting has become a regular habit. Only 6 month old handset. Once a proud owner every day cursing myself for buying this irritating handset. Please offer me a solution

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Getting hanged every alternate day(twice today). Soft resetting has become a regular habit. Only 6 month old handset. Once a proud owner every day cursing myself for buying this irritating handset. Please offer me a solution
Me too facing this in every two days after installing developer preview. Wait for the official update or flash your device to Amber update.

You can also try hard reset.

P.S. : Above solution is only for developer preview users.

anon8649069

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Same here.
And the reason is WP 8.1 DP.
I hope it will be fixed with Cyan update :)

Shahim Mohammed

May 2, 2014
Visit site

If u are running wp8.1 developer preview, u shouldn't be seriously cursing the phone or the OS for bugs. developer previews are supposed to have some bugs, coz its not the final version.. when you installed developer preview, you kind of yourself signed up for that ****..

Shahim Mohammed

May 2, 2014
Visit site
yeah me too having this issue. but I noticed a pattern tho. it happens mostly when traveling. I'm taking a guess, but I think its got something to do with the phone having trouble switching between towers or 2G/3G when Data is ON..

bdw.. anybody got the cyan update? let us know if its fixed in cyan..

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 720, but not have this issue. Sometimes I have to soft reset but not to much and after developer preview I have not had this issue, peace

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
If u are running wp8.1 developer preview, u shouldn't be seriously cursing the phone or the OS for bugs. developer previews are supposed to have some bugs, coz its not the final version.. when you installed developer preview, you kind of yourself signed up for that ****..

Too bad it IS the final version of the os, every 925 owner who received cyan is on the same exact os build

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Too bad it IS the final version of the os, every 925 owner who received cyan is on the same exact os build

Yes it is on the same version. The bug may be due to specific drivers that are not yet installed but will come with the cyan update. We will just have to wait and see if it will be fixed when we get our hands to the update.

In my case there are instances when I scroll down in my start screen that my phone thought I was taping causing it to almost always launch wpcentral app which is very annoying. Also there are times that I am typing a message in portrait mode that the backspace cannot be pressed also when I press "K" my phone thought I am pressing"J" or "L". Same with the space bar when I'm using wordflow and I swipe near it, it cuts my word as if I pressed space.

I don't know if this is a hardware issue on my Lumia 720 with WP8.1 DP and I hope cyan will fix this (if it come this year). One thing I'm sure is, it is so frustrating.

AmAn GoEl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Nooits not gonna fix this hang related issue. Because of support for latest hardware compatible OS. I also have 720. Its also hangs freezes tine to time. I can surely says that now 8.1 will not be a smooth on 512mb ram.

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Nooits not gonna fix this hang related issue. Because of support for latest hardware compatible OS. I also have 720. Its also hangs freezes tine to time. I can surely says that now 8.1 will not be a smooth on 512mb ram.

I'm wondering because the 630 seems to be snappy and it has 512mb ram.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster