battery issues after cyan

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
just wondering if anybody who has updated to cyan still has issues with extreme battery drain if you had issues with the DP

alexsamson

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I updated a couple of days ago and I have to say, my nice 1020 has turned into an HTC Desire overnight. I can't believe software firms like Microsoft and Nokia can't deliver a piece of software without first running it through rugged testing.

I don't know what the deal is with this build, but I've read many different accounts ranging from multiple background sync tasks through to it's the actual battery saver application that is draining the battery. I have noticed that once it's complete the updated software sets all the apps to run in the background - in particular IE, which seems to be a real hog (it doesn't help that IE tries to sync settings all the time).

Switching off the background apps hasn't helped much, if I'm honest, but then again, neither did the advice to reset to factory settings and re-installing all the apps.

Another theory I read was that if the sim is set to run 4g the phone burns more battery. At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter how many theories we find, the simple fact remains that Microsoft/Nokia have a duty to fix the mess and not leave it to the user to find Android style workarounds to make their device workable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077