Does anyone actually use the notifications center?

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I use it constantly. The main things I look at are:

- App updates
- Hotmail & work email senders and subjects to triage incoming mail
- Reminders

Now, once 8.1 is fully live and app developers have better adopted it, I expect to use it far more, specifically for breaking news, traffic, weather alerts and sports scores and updates.

Live tiles are great, they are just different.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I certainly understand its usefulness, though I feel the excellent point has been made a few times that the effort to "match" the competition may be successful at the expense of what makes WP8.1 fantastic. That exceeding the competition should not mean mimicking them better; rather expanding on, and integrating into the fluidity of WP that we all love.

Plus, I have to say the front page article is pretty fantastic.

nehijene

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes I do. It keeps me on task. As a consultant it allows me to response to client requests in a timely manner. Love it can't do with out it

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I certainly understand its usefulness, though I feel the excellent point has been made a few times that the effort to "match" the competition may be successful at the expense of what makes WP8.1 fantastic. That exceeding the competition should not mean mimicking them better; rather expanding on, and integrating into the fluidity of WP that we all love.

Plus, I have to say the front page article is pretty fantastic.

That's too abstract.

Can you explain how Microsoft compromised -what make Windows Phone fantastic- in this particular case?

How should be the notification center to be in line with Windows Phone design?

mymarcio

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The notification center is great.

I definitely us it to Glance at new incoming e-mails, missed texts and calls.
The best part about Notification center is it's shortcuts bar.

I often find myself turning On/Off Quiet Hours, Disabling/Enabling Bluetooth & Wi-Fi.
The only thing I'd like to be able to add is a an additional bar of shortcuts to customize it as:
Top Bar: Wi-Fi | Quiet Hours | Blue Tooth | Rotation
Second Bar: Air Plane Mode | Flash Light Mode | Calculator | Settings

The only reason I like these 4 is because notification center is accessible even when the phone is locked giving us greater control over simple functions that don't really impede on privacy.

Very glad they added it though~

KazMania

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe that there is someone asking such a question. It's the most important feature in any smart phone at all. I don't need to pin all applications to get there notifications. Moreover, you don't need to get out of app you're in to check out what is coming. All under your sliding thumb, include the short cuts and the setting.

portalfocus

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing a bug with the NC. It does not show any facebook notifications anymore and when I go into setting, I cannot set a Facebook account. What's wrong?

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Everyday tool for me :)
The live tiles are neat but I find it easier to get a quick briefing on whats new from the notification center, without having to unlock my phone first. Makes it easier to quickly decide whether a notification is important or if it can wait, (important email, or someone uploaded a pic of their dog on facebook)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb