Do NOT download the Calendar update

Status
Not open for further replies.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Broken for me on my 925. Cannot add appointments through official calendar app or through "simple calendar". Hope it's fixed soon.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
It's broken on my HTC 8X too.

I guess I will use my hand for calendar entries until this is fixed (no, Cortana is no option, my 8X doesn't allow setting the region to English US). Great quality control...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Strangely, the Simple Calendar app is also broken in this respect - I'm unable to add a new appointment.
The Calandr app is also affected.

I think maybe the update has also updated one of the phone's subsystems which in turn has broken all third party calendar apps as well.

outlook.com is fine however.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Same here on Nokia Lumia 820. Anyway I don't need it at the moment, I have summer holidays so hoping to see that fixed in two months, before school starts.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
first, simple calender app's add new event etc, it use the link of create event in calender app, this is inside the windows phone API, and i think microsoft missed some part of code, causing everything to messed up

poststamp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I need this calendar, i really hope they fix it today.
Why didn't they stop the update as soon as they found out it crashes?

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
This is not limited to the Calendar app. Same thing happens with all the Bing App updates. When I try to add my favorite teams to the Sports app, it crashes too. Not sure what Microsoft was trying to do with the updates to the Bing Apps, but they need to reverse this like NOW! Put the old version back in the store as an update and let us revert back until you guys figure this out. Please!

sachamo

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Guys you can add appointments using the web version of Outlook Calendar and it will sync to your phone. You can use this method until the ms devs fix the bug..

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I avoided the Calender update but updated all the other apps in Bing after reading Calender had issues, tried adding a team in sports and had no issues ?? Might as well grab the Calender app when next on WiFi I guess, UK O2 720

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre