Got an email from MSFT Saying Official 8.1 being released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You're not running the preview? That does it. Off to your room. No supper tonight young lady.

I am running the preview.
hyju2y8e.png

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Got the email, followed the links only to find them referencing Lumia black. Zero reference to 8.1 or Cyan. Marketing fail.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I can't join Bing rewards as it says not available in my region......

But I did note the push for 8.1 which is going to take forever as I have a Rogers phone....so it was all just a huge tease.

So it's a mail to tell me others will have the software 3-4 months before me.

Microsoft needs to find a way to let people with Unlocked phones to update on the date a release happens. As I am not on Rogers network I don't use any Rogers apps ( Uninstalled all that crap).

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
No preview and didn't receive.

Does anyone remember when WP7.5/Mango was available like this? I know Verizon didn't release to my old Trophy until September, but I can't remember when it was 'ready' like this is. I also wonder if the 930 shipping with it would allow the Icon to release it quicker or if that's wishful thinking on my part ...

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I was on the phone with Verizon yesterday for quite sometime. They were doing research into a possible release date but unfortunately they only were able to tell me "sometime 3rd quarter". So anytime between today and September. Sucky...

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The reps don't know release dates of OS updates or new devices. I used to get those calls all the time and no matter how many times I'd tell people, they would say, "Oh you aren't allowed to say, huh?".

Microsoft is leaving it up to the carriers to release the software. I don't get why they need to make any modifications, or test over a lengthy period, but they can't seem to get enough of that.

Anyway, I figured I'd say something early on in the thread, but everyone is free to discuss of course.

The whole "Contact your carrier" bit is a dead end. Frontline reps know nothing regarding this. You're better off going into settings and checking for updates every so often (Once a week?) so you don't waste your time.

Actually, you are probably just as well off sending an email instead, I've noticed they seem to be a little more informed about things, or because they can do more research not having to be live on a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro