Is IE a battery killer?

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently had to replace my 920 with another 920 and after doing all the updates I noticed the battery lasted maybe 4 hours. I did a hard reset again and got some improvement but I noticed even with just moderate browsing IE shows huge consumption in the battery app. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions other than "don't browse" to improve?

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I recently had to replace my 920 with another 920 and after doing all the updates I noticed the battery lasted maybe 4 hours. I did a hard reset again and got some improvement but I noticed even with just moderate browsing IE shows huge consumption in the battery app. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions other than "don't browse" to improve?

IE and Cortana were my two biggest battery killers. I've got IE set to disallow background processing, and removed the Cortana tile from the start screen, and that seems to have completely resolved my battery life problems with no real impact on system functionality.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
IE is my biggest drain on battery as well, besides camera(I don't play games on my phone) On my 1520 it uses about 8% per hour if I'm not on mobile sites. On my 925s and 1020 it uses around 12% per hour on the same sites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon