I just noticed the in-call number keypad i useless.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
whenever i have to write down a number while im on a call, i use the in call keypad for noting it down. But the problem is i cannot copy the number to clipboard while in call or save it. Also as Soon as the call finishes, the number i noted down is gone forever. no way to retrieve it back. i cant save it when call finishes. i dont understand giving a useless feature like this when u cant do anything! anyone agree? anyone with a solution?

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
but if we just have to take a screenshot then what's the point. many regular users dont know how to take a screenshot. what is in store for them? I'm really looking forward to fix for this in update 1 of WP 8.1

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
whenever i have to write down a number while im on a call, i use the in call keypad for noting it down. But the problem is i cannot copy the number to clipboard while in call or save it. Also as Soon as the call finishes, the number i noted down is gone forever. no way to retrieve it back. i cant save it when call finishes. i dont understand giving a useless feature like this when u cant do anything! anyone agree? anyone with a solution?
I don't think this "feature" will ever been enabled.

A solution: Open OneNote while on the call (put the call on speaker or use a headset, Bluetooth or earbud), and jot the information down in it.

This is something I have noticed with A LOT of smartphone users. They don't realize that while on a call, they can now jump out of the "phone" and run other apps while on a call. Be it Windows Phone, Android, or iOS. It seems they all remember how in the early days of the iPhone, once you were on a call, you were stuck there and you couldn't do anything else but talk to someone.

Sadly, I still forget it sometimes, and usually grab a pen and paper when I'm on a call to write down notes. :(

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
One is saying about Bug/Useless thing and Others are saying alternatives instead of Saying Yes. :D

what's your point?
are you suggesting that instead of being helpful by showing the plethora of notetaking apps in the store we should just throw our hands up and say "yea whatever." ? that's really stupid because it's not helping Sood in anyway.
try to solve problems instead of just giving up.
also what's up with the ":D" ? you seem to be happy that people are having issues.

ptfuzi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Uselwss feature? Maybe you are too young to know DTMF, or why it is there, there is no bug

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The keypad works in automated calls just like any other phone "press 1 for yes, 2 for no..." or to dial an extension when connected "if you know your party's extension please dial it now otherwise..." I do not believe it is intended for taking notes. Open an app while in call;multitasking.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi James,
what's your point?///
Just Saying my Opinion on replys.

are you suggesting that instead of being helpful by showing the plethora of note taking apps in the store we should just throw our hands up and say "yea whatever." ? that's really stupid because it's not helping Sood in anyway.
try to solve problems instead of just giving up.///

I am not saying don't say alternatives, i know there are multiple alternatives like saving phone number directly to Phonebook and one note as you/others said. I think thread author also know the alternatives(may be i am wrong). Why you people gives alternatives instead of discussing on the actual point. Dont we discuss on the missing things? Without giving the copy or saving option what is the need of KBoard while in call. Not a right point to Discuss?

also what's up with the ":D" ? you seem to be happy that people are having issues.///
Absolutely not right buddy. :D this i am using regularly in chatting. So used, will try to not use this :)

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually surprised that he thinks the in-call keypad is useless. it's very useful for entering voicemail passwords and for entering options on those automated call machines you get when you call corporations. you know, the "press 1 for English" stuff. without the keypad you can't get pass it.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually surprised that he thinks the in-call keypad is useless. it's very useful for entering voicemail passwords and for entering options on those automated call machines you get when you call corporations. you know, the "press 1 for English" stuff. without the keypad you can't get pass it.
S. James, After read the reply of jentry i too remember the importance of in call Key Pad, but in thread author point of view, S, now I agree with him partially Only :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss