Better looking WP keyboard

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
It would be good if Microsoft could upgrade the looks on our keyboard, make it look more attractive and less spaces in between them,....

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Though I do like the simple Windows Phone keyboard, a little more color would be much appreciated.

Post this in the Windows Phone Suggestion Forums.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any specific concept ideas for the keyboard?

If so, I'd like to see what you have in mind.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any specific concept ideas for the keyboard?

If so, I'd like to see what you have in mind.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
I don't want anything except for it to be shorter. It takes up way too much screen space. More than half with the word suggestions... It's just too much.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't want anything except for it to be shorter. It takes up way too much screen space. More than half with the word suggestions... It's just too much.

the word suggestions is good, well we can get ideas from the new Android L keyboard or the one of the blackberry 10 they look very attractive

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
iPhone also has a pretty small keyboard but typing on it is pretty fast.

It's just the way the keyboard is designed.
How much you wanna bet the keyboard's overall size will be bigger on the larger iPhone 6? I used to be a former iOS user and a popular gripe among the sheep was the keyboard size. The current keyboard we have now is actually one of our under appreciated highlights on the WP platform. Every time I hand my phone to an iPhone do Android friend for them to put their number in or look something up they all seem to comment on liking the keyboard. I'm all for being able to change keyboard colors like we do accents though, or even a semi-transparent keyboard that helps with visibility problems.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The Windows Phone Keyboard is the best keyboard for a touch smart phone by far.

When I think of going back to iOS and Android just because of better app support, I think of the keyboard and I forget all about switching. It's THAT good.

​I hate the very compact keyboard of iOS and the inaccuracy of the stock android keyboard (although the new TouchWiz keyboard is great)

vincelac

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I just want to be able to type without hitting B or ENTER when I intend on hitting the spacebar. It'd also be nice if the phone could figure out what "going outbtonight" meant "going out tonight" without me having to go back and delete the B.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I really like the current keyboard. On my 920, I can type very quickly with two thumbs without even looking at the phone. But I can see how it could be different depending on the screen size, or if you type more with the swype keyboard.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone keyboard is such an underrated feature of the OS. It is actually painful for me to go and use other OS keyboards because of the lack of features (word prediction) and because their autocorrect is far from perfect (I feel the WP autocorrect is quite accurate!)

VS729

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I feel there is something wrong in the spacing and size ratio of the keyboard i mean the individual keys are longer than they should be. It is fast but many a times in accurate or it may be just a case of me being new to it. But I have used ios keyboard and Android keyboard. Android was okay. But ios keyboard on a screen smaller that 4" was remarkably accurate and comfortable to type on. In windows i tend to hit the letter horizontally left to it many a times ...u instead of i etc. But i love the prediction engine! But yeah there is room for improvement.

rck1993

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I actually like the current keyboard, It's simple, wide, responsive and looks really great on almost all the lumias'.. In fact it is one of the reasons I bought a L925!! :)

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Why add colours? For what? It looks awesome as it is, and the accuracy, the speed, everything is great :). Stop turning it into Android, please :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6