OLD Music Hub from WP8.0, vote please

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just use the app "Music Hub Tile"
(assuming that's what you want)

from here on out, MS is probably going to just plow forward improving the existing app.

davo_svk

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I think nobody wants to pay only for shortcut, and when you can go in to music hub through lockscreen or "volume menu", it always send you in to 8.1 music app not to music hub. I want to say, "Music Hub Tile" is not good alternative

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
Suggestions like this are a waste of time.

I don't understand why people think MS is going to reintegrate the music hub into WP8.1. They would need to create a entirely new OS update to enable it again. The whole point of stripping it out of the OS was so they could update it without changing the OS.

Bomato

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
For me, the vote conveys frustration and the message that says the new Xbox Music app sucks ***, and that Microsoft should put more efforts into getting back performance and functionality of the original.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
For me, the vote conveys frustration and the message that says the new Xbox Music app sucks ***, and that Microsoft should put more efforts into getting back performance and functionality of the original.

I agree. Actually we need all the functionality of Zune with WP7 plus new features. Search Uservoice and vote.

DONE.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When they moved away from Zune they moved away from the music "experience" IMO. This app is total and complete garbage. If you weren't around for the Zune days, you have no idea what you're missing and probably don't understand why this app sucks so much.

I can't even use it anymore it's so frustrating. Where are my picks based on things I listen to? Why can I not search the store and have it sort by simple categories like Artist, Album, Song, etc? Why does it lag like crazy? Why is there an audible noise in between tracks?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
What's the big problem here?

Yeah, Xbox Music used to suck horribly and put us through loads of waiting... but all the issues I originally complained about have been resolved through updates. It now sees all my music, doesn't take long to load... and the artist images in the background make it much better-looking than the old Xbox Music imo.

wetworker

Oct 31, 2010
www.zunecards.net
Totally in agreement with you Awesomeindeed. Been with Zune since day one. Zune was light years of any current service all the way back in 08. Remember file transfer to other device. They made fun of the name them bit it.

Last edited:

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com

There's already a suggestions for that probably half a dozen or so. Cluttering up the uservoice with suggestions like this is just going to make it more of an unmanageable mess than it already is.

Last edited:

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What's the big problem here?

Yeah, Xbox Music used to suck horribly and put us through loads of waiting... but all the issues I originally complained about have been resolved through updates. It now sees all my music, doesn't take long to load... and the artist images in the background make it much better-looking than the old Xbox Music imo.

The big problem is that MS phased out the Zune hardware in favor of Windows Phone, and then they took their beautiful piece of software which had loads of features and completely scrapped it and gave us a barely working basic app that looks and functions as if it was coded by a 3rd grader. Winamp could do everything you describe back in its early days well over a decade ago. Zune was way ahead of its time and was probably one of the best if not the best music player option out there, period.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss