Why does copy and pasting suck so much on WP?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
When you copy something, it is always randomly lost later in time when switching between apps. It freaking sucks. The clipboard should run in the background and always be accessible.

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I believe/think it must have something to do with the fact that apps don't remember where you were when you switch between apps. When I browse forums on the WPcentral app, then switch from another app back to WPcentral I just get the start screen.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I believe/think it must have something to do with the fact that apps don't remember where you were when you switch between apps. When I browse forums on the WPcentral app, then switch from another app back to WPcentral I just get the start screen.

That is also very annoying, but not the issue here I think.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
When you copy something, it is always randomly lost later in time when switching between apps. It freaking sucks. The clipboard should run in the background and always be accessible.

One thing I've found weird is that the clipboard gets emptied when the screen turns off. That's always seemed kind of arbitrary to me. (Not new behavior in 8.1, though - it's how WP copy/paste has always worked). I definitely think I've experienced non-screen-turning-off instances of the clipboard being empty when I didn't expect it to be, but I can't get it to happen on demand... I'll try to pay more attention next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos